"Für Elise" (One Shot)

The melody ringed my ears as I play the piano. It was my favorite piece but now, I'm not sure. Listening to it feels bittersweet but I must play it. I closed my eyes and all the memories of her flashed back.

It was our first date. She was wearing her favorite white dress and her wavy hair was down. I gave her her favorite flower ㅡa small sunflowerㅡ and she immediately tucked it under her ear. She was breathtaking. Like a goddess sent down from above.

We went to a beach. It was dark so she held my hand tightly but as I open those little fairy lights I prepared for her, she smiled and that made me smile too.

Under the lights was a table for two. I prepared her favorite steak and a red wine. Two candle lights illuminated the table together with little scented candles around it.

Beside the table was a campfire.

We had a great time. Our night was full of laughters and wines and campfires and dances under the moonlight.

I then whispered, "I have one last surprise for you," she replied, "I love you and your surprises."

So I took her to a cabin nearby that belonged to my family. Her face was full of curiosity but she followed me anyway. Inside was an old dusty piano that belonged to my great grandpa. I began dusting it off and coughed a little which made her smirk. Then, I started playing.

*Für Elise plays in the background

She clapped her hands with excitement. She told me I was good. She told me "no one ever played piano for me". So I replied, "I will play piano for you every single day for the rest of my life."

Then I kissed her and she kissed me back.

"I want to give you something," I said.

I took something out of the old cabinet my granpa owned. It's my favorite necklace.

I showed it to her and she gasped for its beauty.

I was about to put the necklace for her but she declined.

She then hugged me and whispered in my ear,

"You've had enough surprises for tonight. I want you to keep it. That necklace looks important to you,"

I hugged her back before putting the necklace back.

. . .

Today is the 500th time I'm playing this master piece.

Elise.

Für Elise is a german term for 'for Elise'

I'm playing this piece for you everyday. For Elise. My Elise.

Today is also the 507th day since she was murdered.

Ever since that day, I could hear her screaming and crying for help but I didn't do anything. Literally.

I told my mom, she didn't believe me at first. Told me to just pray for her soul but that didn't change what I've been feeling.

it's like she's beside be begging to do something.

Its making my head hurt. I tried seeking for a psychologist. PTSD they say. They gave me pills but it never worked. I never calmed down.

For seven days I've been inside my room, crying as I cover my ears, begging Elise to stop haunting me. Her screams are deafening I can almost feel blood drip out of my ears.

My mom called me crazy. My dad called me crazy. My friends called me crazy.

I called myself crazy.