one

_

_

as i picked up kamari's toys he came back into my bedroom giggling.

"oh no, what did you do kamari." he straightened his face and shook his head.

he started yawning, so i picked him up and laid him in my king sized bed.

i gave him his ipad and resumed the cartoon he was recently watching.

as he did that, i started picking up my shoes that were everywhere and putting them in my closet in neat lines.

"god here we go." i say as i heard my phone ringing, knowing it could only be one person at the moment.

"laniii, I'm coming." I heard star slur into the phone. Drunk ass.

"no, you're not. You're drunk, he can stay with me or something." I suggest, i heard her smack her lips.

"n-no, i'll call his daddy. He live a hour a-away fr-from you. O-okay hoe." I felt my stomach clench when i heard ' hoe ', but i kept silent. . . Just hung up.

i threw my phone on my bed, and grabbed kamari's sneakers and gently slid them on his feet.

he started tossing and turning until i started rubbing his back, and he calmed down.

I grabbed the remote and muted the television. I picked up my phone and scrolled through my call log.

I pressed on ' jay💯'.

"wasgood shawty." I heard his deep voice, that made my stomach sink. Whew chile.

" you should come over, in like two hours. I miss you." I say, i heard him kiss his teeth. I crossed my fingers wishing for a ' yes '.

"i meannn, it's whateva'. I miss you too through ma'." I smirked.

"alright." i say, and hung up.

_

I heard somebody ring the door bell, so I quickly hopped out the bed and walked out my room, and jogged downstairs.

I looked at my phone, looking at the security camera. Seeing kamari's father, so I opened the door.

" wassam. he sleep huh?. " He said, then asked. I nodded, and he kissed his teeth.