xxxi

After what seems like hours, Ben finally lands the ship on a small island.

"Where are we?" You ask.

"Ach To." Ben replies. He shuts off the ship but remains seated.

"Why aren't we leaving? Don't we...you have to execute Luke and Rey?"

"Yes. But we must wait for the right time. The element of surprise is everything." Ben adds with a smirk.

You glance outside and realize the sun is setting.

"I'm going to bed." You announce. Ben glances at your briefly but averts his eyes.

You head to the far back of the ship and find the bathroom. You shower and change into pajamas quickly. Once done, you head to the bedroom and shut the door.

You slip under the covers and try to fall asleep, but you can't. A million thoughts run through your head.

Which side will you pick? Rey and Luke are your friends, your family. Ben is just...well what is Ben to you? You still love him but he is so focused on the dark. You have no hope of turning him, especially now that you mean nothing to him.

The door to the bedroom opens and Ben slips inside.

He pulls off his shirt, revealing the long scar that you put across his chest, and turns to lie down next to you.

Before he can manage that, the two of you are sucked into some type of Force connection.

You sit up and catch sight of Rey.

"I'd rather not do this now." She says stiffly, her voice seeming to echo. Her eyes flit to you, but are gone to quickly for you to say something.

"Yeah me to." Ben replies. His voice is emotionless.

Rey turns to face the two of you. "Why did you hate your father?" She says breathlessly. As she catches sight of Ben's chest she goes red in the face.

"Do you have something? A cowl or something you could put on?"

Ben is silent.

"Why did you hate your father? Give me an honest answer!" Rey says more forcefully. "You had a father who loved you, he gave a damn about you!" Rey's eyes tear up. She looks down and wipes her eyes.

"I didn't hate him." Ben says. He takes no notice to Rey's tears.

"Then why?"

"Why what?"

It's silent.

"Why what? Say it." Ben says, stepping towards Rey.

"Why did you..." Rey's voice comes out strangled. "Why did you kill him? I don't understand."

"No? You're parents threw you away like garbage."

"They didn't." Rey sobs.

"They did. But you can't stop needing them. It's your greatness weakness, looking for them everywhere. In Han Solo, now in Skywalker."

It's silent again.

"Did he tell you what happened that night?"

"Yes." Rey says. She's trying to get the upper hand, to hurt Ben.

Ben looks her up and down. "No. He had sensed my power as he senses yours. And he feared it."

Rey gulps. "L-liar."

Ben takes another step forward. "Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. That's the only way to become what you were meant to be."

The connection cuts off, leaving just you and Ben.

He sits down on the bed beside you.

You turn away from him, biting your tongue. His words, though directed at Rey, hit you close to home.

Ben lays down next to you and let's out a sigh.

You look over your shoulder and see Ben staring at you.

"What's wrong Princess?" He asks. He reaches up and brushes a piece of hair away from your face. He trails it down your face until it comes to cup your cheek.

"Astrid?" His eyes are full of worry. You lean into his touch for a second before pulling away.

You stand up and grab your cloak, wrapping it around yourself.

You walk out of the bedroom and towards the front of the ship.

Sitting down in the pilots seat, a tear slips out from beneath your eyelid.

Ben's footsteps follow you out. He's pulled on a sweater thankfully.

You turn the chair around and face him.

Ben kneels down in front of you. He reaches up and wipes your tears away.

"Astrid...I'm so, so sorry. I know that you and Rey...that you and Rey are the same. That your parents left. But they didn't throw you away."

"Of course they did Ben! That's why they never came back and looked for me! I was nothing but money for them! Money so that they could get off Jakku. They didn't give a damn about me! And neither do you! You are going to make me go out there and fight Rey and Luke! And quite frankly, I don't know what side to choose. The only person who gave a damn about me, who cared about me, is Rey. And now she's in the opposite side of me." You finish and let out a sob.

Ben pulls you in for a hug and rests his head on top of yours. You ball your hands into his sweater and cry.

Once your eyes are dry, you pull away.

You glance at the tear spots on Ben's sweater.

"Sorry." You mumble.

"It's ok. It's worth it." Ben smiles down at you and you're overcome by the desire to kiss him.

You do, pulling him down to your level and pressing your lips against his.

Ben offers no resistance. He sits down in the pilots chair and you continue to stand. This way, the two of you are at eye level.

"I cared about you Astrid. I still do." Ben whispers against your lips.

At this, you step forward and slide into Ben's lap, your legs straddling his.

You bring both hands up to cup Bens face, your fingers tangling in his hair.

He moans a little bit against your lips and you smile. You adore the affect you have on him.

Ben grips you tighter and pulls you even closer if it's possible.

The way you're sitting, hips straddling his, you're taller than him.

Bens lips leave your mouth and trail down your neck to your collarbone. You sigh out loud and lean your head on top of his.

"Is this what it feels like to be tall?" You ask.

Ben smiles against your skin.

His mouth burns against your skin and you let out a moan.

"Ben I- oh screw it! Ben." You say, your head not forming a coherent sentence.

Ben chuckles up at you.

"I hate you." You say, leaning down so the two of you are at eye level.

"Love you too princess."

You pull away.

"What?"

"I love you." Ben so voice doesn't waver like it did the first time he told you.

You suck in a breath. You lean forward and press a chaste kiss to Ben's lips.

"I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! Just watched the last Jedi again and wow. Anyways, here's this absolute fluff scene. And a healthy reminder, Ben and Astrid have known each other for about 4 months now. Love you guys, mwah💋🤍

word count: 1185