Chapter 1. The Good Kind of Accident

I know what you're thinking, I should be hyped up and getting as much money as possible to get a VIP pass to Billie's concert.

But truth is, yes I love her music but I feel like going to a concert would just cement the idea of me just being another fan, and not the guy who could have a chance with her.

Enough of that though, I should head into the city like my Mum wanted.

I was sitting on the train, earphones in with my playlist on, avoiding her music because I know I'll either be caught singing along or caught napping.

That was when I got a message from a friend on messenger.

"Hey dude, I got a new phone and need your number again fam" It read, he keeps over using millennial slang for the most simple things.

"Yeah no problem, give me a second to get it" I replied. There is one thing about me people usually judge me for, forgetting my own number. And another thing people judge me for is making everything overly complicated, like if a frisbee went over a barred fence I'd usually get a stick and try to drag it towards me when there was an open gate right beside me.

I pulled out a piece of paper from my bag as I left the train station, a pen following soon after.

"Okay, now where is that confirmation text" I whispered to myself as I scrolled down my phone to the first ever message from my phone provider, my number attached.

I mumbled the numbers to myself as I wrote them down, making sure I didn't bump into anyone as I walked.

And after a minute or so of sounding like a guy trying to summon Satan, I had finally got my number written down on a scrap piece of paper, then messaging my friend it.

"Dude, why did that take so long?" He asked.

"I had to write it down to message you it" I answered.

"Why didn't you just copy paste it?" He argued, I left him on read.

I was about to put the paper in my pocket and get out Mum's shopping list but I ended up bumping into someone. Now I'm not a big guy, rather skinny actually, but I am still pretty hard to move. So the stranger just bounced straight off me.

Before she could hit the ground, I whipped my hand out and grabbed her's, lifting her up as I noticed her plastic foot cast thingy.

"Are you okay? I am so sorry!" I said as I picked up her bag and gave it to her.

"Yeah I'm all good, you are oddly buff" She replied with a bit of a laugh.

The laugh caught me off guard as it sounded so similar to Billie's, so I looked the girl in the eyes and low and behold, it was the singer herself.

I was speechless and embarrassed at the same time as I stood there, and then within the blink of an eye I was speed walking away.

"Whatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuck" was all my mind could think as I entered a nearby store with the grocery list out.

It was midway through shopping and still calming down that I realised something that changed my life for the better.

"Where did my number paper go?"