Chapter 1

e-Ghosts of Rogue Planet

Ryan and Marie are back and they’re sent on a new assignment to a rogue planet that has invaded the solar system and is in Earth’s orbit on the opposite side of the sun. This planet’s orbit is impossible and NASA wants to know what secrets it conceals. The two lovebirds are teamed with another astronaut couple for this amazing journey to the other side of the sun. What they find there is terrifying and they are forced to overcome strange new psychic forces, which they are not trained to handle.

Ryan Taylor is a blond young man with a chiseled muscular body. He’s married to Marie Gonzalez, a Mexican woman with curly black hair, an hourglass figure and a burn scar on her left cheek. He has an engineering degree from MIT and she has a PhD in Astronomy and Exo-Biology from the same institution. Together, they are recognized as the most famous astronaut team in NASA’s history and are essentially poster icons of NASA.

This is the sequel to Europa Mon Amour.

All rights reserved - Copyright © 2014 - The people, locations and incidents in this story are fictional, despite the fact that some of them are factual. No disparity or offense is intended to anyone or anything.

Chapter 1

After completing our fantastic missions to Europa and Enceledus, Marie and I have settled down to the boring job of training new junior astronauts. Our extraordinary experiences in outer space makes us experts at a very young age. What better team than ours to train new and upcoming astronauts on how to survive in the extreme and dangerous conditions of space?

We thought that our possibility of going out on another mission was nil. Like World War II combat pilots that were sent back after so many missions to train new recruits, we were destined to be trainers for the remainder of our careers. That all changed on one fateful afternoon when we were eating lunch in the commissary of NASA’s Hero-2 space station.

An unusual couple approached our table. The guy was lanky and thin. He had short curly brown hair and penetrating eyes on a long thin face. The African American gal had a model’s figure. Her perfect complexion had a nice chocolate glow, and her glistening luscious lips were painted crimson. Her spiked raven hair was shaved on the left side but long on the right. They were both wearing gray jump suits, the accepted garb for junior astronauts.

We recognized them as NASA’s only other married astronaut team. James Vincent has a PhD in geology from UCLA; his expertise involves the study of extraterrestrial planet composition. Alisha Wilson has a degree in Nano-technology from MIT with a minor in Electronic Engineering.

They sat down at our table as if they were old friends.

“It appears that we’re going to get to know one another quite well,” Alisha said with a knowing smirk.

I gave her a curious look. “What do you mean?”

“Didn’t you hear,” she replied. “We’re being teamed together for a mission.”

Marie and I exchanged surprised looks before I turned to them. “Say what?”

Both James and Alisha chuckled.

“I thought you knew,” James said, grinning. “We have no idea what the mission specs are, but we were told that we’re . . . Alisha and I are being teamed with you two for an important mission.”

“I was so excited when I heard about this,” Alisha said, smiling profusely. “You two are legends here at NASA. We consider it an honor to be teamed with you.”

I sighed and looked at Marie. “Boy, that just goes to show you how out of the loop we are.”

“When do we find out what the mission’s about?” Marie asked.