Chapter 1

Your POV

6:57 p.m.

Full Moon

I was wandering through the back forest to the usual meeting grounds. Before every full moon the pack would meet here to transform together so no wolf is let alone.

If a wolf is let alone, the worst things could happen. You can be caught by a human in your other form and you can cause harm to the community around. That's why we always have to meet here.

I never really wanted the werewolf life, I was just born into it. Along with being a werewolf there always comes a time when you find your mate, which is your 18th birthday.

My family wants my mate to be Sydney from the opposing wolf pack. I never really talked to her so I wouldn't be able to tell you what she is even like.I just want to live my life to the fullest while I'm still just a teenager.

My thoughts were interrupted by the breaking of a stick. My head shot up to see what had created that noise, just to see it was Zach. Zach has been my best friend since I was 3 years old and the only other member of the pack that is my age.

"What's up?" He greeted calmly. I just shrugged no really knowing how to respond to that.

"Let's get going, don't want to change to close to the streets." He suggested walking ahead. I trailed behind him.

We eventually arrived at the hideout. It wasn't much, only large sticks to create a small fort. Along with talking grounds. The talking grounds are where every member of the pack listen as the alpha discuss the latest current events in our world.

As me and Zach entered to Northern wolf grounds we were engulfed with the feeling of worry between all of the other brother and sisters. Every full moon was scary, we were all afraid we would end up doing something we will regret immensely.

The Alpha, my father, walked up the large Boulder to get everyone's attention.He wanted to give us a pep talk before the sun sets completely.

"We tonight will feed. Not on the mortals, they have caused us no harm. We must only feed on the animals with in the forest grounds. We will remain in the forest until the break of dawn. Find your partner to search through the night with. Once you have claimed your partner, get ready to change."

I turned towards Zach, "Partners?" He nodded "Always."

We started to jog towards the northeastern side of the forest considering no one ever decides to hunt up here. Might as well will give it a shot.

I looked into the sky and could see the sun just set completely. "Get ready." I said towards Zach. He took off his shirt, probably not wanting to ruin it. I walked about 25 feet away from him just so I could some room to transform.

I laid my hands on my hips, breathed through my nose and out my mouth to calm my nerves. I always get nervous on a full moon, it's just something that has always happened.

I could feel a tingling sensation in my fingers and toes indicating the beginning of the change. The feeling traveled up to my knees and elbows. A sharp pain ran through my body causing me to hunch over and howl ferociously. I can painfully feel the breaking of all my bones. The pain has become to much that I blacked out.

When I awoke I was in my wolf form. I was all white with the light touches of gray here and there. My vision was slightly blurry at first but adjusted to my surroundings quickly. I stood up to my full height which 2 1/2 times bigger then your ordinary wolf.

I looked to my left and saw Zach sniffing around his area. I communicated with him, "Do you want to search the area of the river first or the trail?" I asked.

"Let's go to the river first and see if deer are sleeping around there." I nodded and started to sprint towards the river that was just a little less then 1/4 of a mile away.

When we arrived we slowly approached river bank. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a buck calmly drinking the water. I went into stealth mode and motioned Zach to look in the direction I'm looking in.

"You attack from the right, I attack from the left." I ordered.

I slowly traveled across the bed of the forest, behind the trees, the closest I could get so that the buck wouldn't notice my presence.

"1......2......3!" Zach pounced first which caused the buck to head into my direction.

I jumped on top of it and sank my teeth into its neck until it stopped struggling. I let go of its neck and slowly look up to the moon and howl. Zach harmonizes with mine and it slowly dies out. The howl is to indicated that we had made a kill.

Once we had finished our feast, we decided to wander around the north eastern territory. Zach decided to go off and search the trail for any signs of more food.

I was contemplating jumping across the river or not because it is close to the neighborhood full of mortals.

I went with my gut and jumped across graciously. I sprinted up the sides of the river forgetting all of my worries in the world. I slowed down and decided to sit calmly and relax. A laid down behind the trees of someone's backyard. I know I was dangerously close, but it was late at night no one would be in there lawn at this time.

That was until I heard crying. The crying sounded like the pain you get when you're so sad it physically hurts your heart. And you don't know how to mend the pain. I looked up and saw a female that looked to be around my age, on her roof.

Her knees were brought up to her chest with her arms wrapped her legs strongly. Her dark hair cascaded in front of her face to prohibit me from seeing them. I know it might have seemed a little creepy, but I couldn't help but stare. I just wanted to hear her laugh instead of cry because it's making my heart ache.

Her crying started to subside and she slowly lifted her face wiping the remaining tears off. When she removed her hands from her face, my heart ached even more at her beauty. I could see her emerald green eyes, pink lips, her perfectly sculpted eyebrows and so much more.

I was in a trance with her beauty and I couldn't stop staring. Not that I ever wanted to.

She stood up and started to walk back towards her window. I took a step forward to get better view, but I ended up cracking a stick.

Her head shot up to the sudden noise. I hid behind the closest tree to prevent her from seeing me.

She must have thought it was nothing because she made her way through her window into, what I'm assuming, her bedroom.

My heart was racing from the pure beauty I had the privilege to witness. I slowly backed up towards the river once again and hoped over.

I laid down waiting for Zach to come back still think about the green eyed princess. Man was it going to be a long night.

A/N: Hey guys!!! So I decided my other fic wasn't really going anywhere so I started this one! Give me feed back on what you think!