Lost Without You

The bus picked me up in the morning. I was headed out on a tour of America with Wounds. I loved being their merch girl...mainly because I get to spend time with my boyfriend...James. I don't get paid perfectly, but at least I'm happy...sort of. 

This tour is different. We're touring with Motionless In White. I know, not a big deal, but...it's different because I haven't seen Ricky in over fifteen years when we were little kids.

The bus was parked at our first hotel for the first venue. It's expensive but the guys of MIW don't really like sleeping on the bus all of the time, or so I've been told by our band members. I've been trying to avoid MIW ever since the tour started a few days ago. I carry around one picture, though. It's of Ricky and I covered in blackened mud from a rainy day of fucking around.

"This is pissing me off so bad." James growled under his breath, trying to fix up his instrument during sound check.

"Sorry, can't help you in that department." I sat on the stage in front of him, watching him fuck up horribly.

"Good morning fellow musicians!" Chris from MIW shouted as they all approached the stage. My heart started pounding as I saw Ricky's updated look, a man barely familiar.

"What's going on here?" Ricky approached us, giggling at James' struggles.

"Just having some issues." James answered.

"Severe." I rolled my eyes, giggling slightly. Ricky didn't remember me...at all. I couldn't blame him, I had changed a lot since then as well. It sucked that I had to move away...and so far.

That night, the merch table was crowded. I was so happy as the band was just starting out and from Dublin to boot. Everyone was taking so well to the music. I was working with a redheaded girl for MIW. I think it's Chris' girlfriend...or so she mentioned. 

I went back to my hotel room bushed as usual. I felt like collapsing and passing out, but not before dreamily staring at the picture of Ricky and I. It's hard to believe he changed so much since we were little. What a coincidence it is that I ran into him here.

Sudden knocks on the door.

"Who is it?" I questioned against the door sleepily.

"Ricky." I heard his familiar voice on the other side of the wood. I immediately opened.

"What's up?" I allowed him in and backed up to my bed. He sat in the chair beside it.

"Just thought I'd come talk to you." He smiled at me crookedly. Oh no...don't tell me he's fallen for me...

"Oh yeah?" I giggled.

"I like to get to know everyone on tour." Ricky nodded, glancing at the end table where the picture sat and then at the ceiling thoughtfully as if he were trying to ignore it. 

"I see." I worriedly glanced as well before staring him in the eye. He grabbed the picture. "Ricky..." I tried to stop him.

"How do you have this?" He giggled, staring intently at the picture.

"Why wouldn't I?" I hinted. Ricky looked up at me seriously. 

"(Y/N)?" He gave me a concerned look.

"Yep." I blushed, heart beating fast in a relieved way.

"Holy shit, it's been so long!" He jumped out of the chair and landed in my arms, awkwardly hugging as he knelt on the floor above me.

"Crazy, huh?" I giggled as he let go of me.

"It's great! We have all of tour to catch up!" He smiled widely. I looked awkwardly to the side.

"Well...I have a-" I started.

"(Y/N)? What's going on?" James was standing in the doorway as Ricky sat on the floor.