A Beacon of hope.

Duck newton is fucked. First off, he was bleeding, a lot, second it was cold, and third, it was dark and no one would be looking for him.

Why? Well, it all started when-

"DUCK NEWTON! You may be a bad partner but you are not allowed to die, first, you are my ride home, second, your friends need you. So get off your lazy ASS and go home."

Duck, who was dozing off, unsure if it was because of the blood loss or the cold, was startled awake by his talking belt/sword.

Beacon who was sitting a good 15 feet away was sitting in the pinkish snow, blood from the monster of the month, a emotion amplifier of the sorts, god where did it all go wrong? Was it when the monster first came? No. It was when Duck messed up so bad that Ned is in the hospital.

It was an accident! But still, he walked away from his post for just a second to check out a noise he heard, and that costed Ned dearly. He would be out of commission for a while. And from the state that duck is in now, well let's just say Aubrey will be hunting alone for a little while.

Duck stated to drift again, the snow at this point almost felt warm against his frozen skin, when he felt something hit his back. Was it the monster? Was it here to finish him off?

"Wayne newton, if you don't stand up, or even stay crawling your sorry butt back to the lodge I will drag you back myself which will hurt!"

Beacon, who crawled over to his, not that grew would ever admit it to anybody, friend, is putting his handle in in a cold, shaky hand.

"They are waiting for you."

"Beacon, they hate me. I almost got Ned killed! The monster got away and they can't find it in time!"

Duck crying, not helping his freezing face, just looks sorrowfully at beacon.

"And besides I can't stand on my own, they will find you eventually beacon."

Beacon, done with ducks bull carp scratched him lightly on the face.

"Get up or I will start screaming, no, I will start screeching."

Duck newton, friend and chosen one _not that that means much to him) slowly gets on his hands and knees and slowly, with beacons help, starts crawling to the lodge, to his home.

He was so close, duck could hear someone shouting his name, looking searching for him. But he cant move anymore, it hurt too much. And the snow so soft, if would be so nice just to lay down it it, rest his blue fingertips it the soft snow. So he layer down.  Not moving.

The voice searching for him started to get quieter, then a lot screech, right next to his ear, momentary pulling him from the sleep he oh so desired.

"OVER HERE!"

Just as duck was slipping away into the cold embrace of sleep, something soft, warm, furry, surrounded him.

In a lodge, we see worried friends, and family, watching as duck newton slowly got warmer. All they could think is that he made it. And all beacon could think was the long lecture he was going to give Duck about how stupid it is to go off on your own.

Lets just say Mama gave Duck a good long lecture, followed by Beacon, then Aubrey then Ned, then, well you get the point. But everyone was safe, and that if all that matters.

Thanks for reading pals! Also, I have some art! I made it for an amazing artist andy-sterling. Nothing really to do with Andy's books but I thought it would be cool. Have a nice day everyone!

 Have a nice day everyone!