Beginning

Hi there friends!

I'm Halo, a boisterous black and brown girl-doggy with the cutest button nose – at least that's what my human mommy tells me!

I can hear you thinking, "Where did your name come from, Halo?"

Well, on one of the most important days of my life, when my humans rescued me, a most incredible halo graced the sky. To them, it was a sure sign of which name to bless me with.

Now, will you join me on my exciting adventure of how I was rescued by my humans? Then let's go!

It all started when I woke up one morning, completely alone...Wait back up, sorry guys, I'm getting ahead of myself!

Seeing that we're probably going to become best friends, I want you to know who I really am, where my life began, and how things took a drastic turn.

I was probably born around Christmas time (nobody really knows exactly when), on a small island that most would call "pure paradise." A picture-perfect place, fit for a postcard!

Super sunny days, never ending beaches of sparkly white sand and crystal clear water. If that isn't enough, the gorgeous greenery of the rain forest bristles with magnificent butterflies and beautiful birds singing enchanting songs that touch your soul.

Unfortunately, this beauty isn't experienced by all...Too many of my brothers and sisters are roaming this so-called paradise – but have never experienced true, blissful happiness.

I lived with my mom, brothers, and sisters in a sugarcane field. Some days were filled with abundant joy, while others threatened to steal any shimmer of hope...

A lovely lady from the nearby village sometimes brought us some tasty treats, and we'd share the few tidbits between all of us. But many days, after scrounging for food the whole day, we finally had to give up and go to bed starving. Those nights still haunt me, and it was challenging to keep the sadness and despair from overwhelming me.

One morning when I woke up, the painful hunger pangs were the least of my worries...I'm still consumed by sadness every time I think about it...

Like every other morning, the palm trees were waving their leaves about in the wind, painting pretty shadows on the ground. And the gentle rustling of the breeze made the sugarcane fields sing a sweet song. But that's where the similarities ended...Something was missing.

No voices were filling the air. No siblings were bantering while my mother tried to quiet them down.

I was completely and utterly alone.

Being the positive pup that I am, I waited patiently for them to return. But as darkness crept in, my hopes were shattered. Why would my family just leave me?

As the cold night air settled under my skin, I finally fell asleep shivering and sad.

Little did I know that this was actually the beginning of my amazing adventure!

Join me soon to find out how my exciting journey unfolds!

See ya!