Just Another Girl

Pitter patter pitter Patter.

      It was strange, seeing rain just before winter, but then, a lot of things have already happened at Vale University.  For example, the coming of a new student in the middle of the first semester.   There she was now-in her dormitory room on the third floor, typing on her laptop on the table on the balcony.  Her white-blonde hair glistened silver in the afternoon sunlight.  The sudden heat wave didn't seem to bother her, either; in fact, she even wore a long-sleeved white turtleneck and a pair of jeans.  The silver charm bracelet on her tight wrist made a twinkling sound as she tapped lighhtly on the keys.  The eerie silence of a saturday afternoon was perfect for writing a letter, but still, it was strange.

     She stopped typing and looked around- into her room, to the other separate balconies, down on the main walkway.  It was never this quiet in the campus, nor this peaceful, even at night.  She stood up and went through the open French doors, then to the antique vanity table she had set next to her bed.

     She loomed at the girl in the mirror's reflection.  Her hair was tied intpo a single long braid,  reaching  the top of her jeans.  Her crystal blue eyes were hidden behind the largest pair of eyeglasses.  no wonder, no one approached her on her first day at the university, save for her roommate, MARGARET DUMOND.

     Finally. She sighed and took off her oversized glasses.  She pulled off the scrunchie that held her braid together.  Her hair fell in reckless abandon, creating gentle ringlets that curve around the curve of her cheeks.

(to be continued)