-1-

There was noise.
So. Much. Noise.
And he was used to it.
The parties that Wayne threw to cover up his real identity were almost every weekend.
And even when he used to live on the streets of New York. He would hear the carriages, the horseshoes hitting on the pavement, specially on rainy days... Those were even louder.

But that night was different.
He felt caged, trapped in a thing he got himself into.
Completely agreeing.
Even being slightly happy about it...

Jason took off his hat, throwing it as he fled the great ballroom, crowded.
Her black eyes caught a glimpse of him, as the iron door closed behind his back.

He was not escaping at all. But the young boy needed fresh air.

Silence.

He was free and careless for so long and now...

His horse was close enough.
In a few seconds he was riding it and wandering between the oaks that composed the woods on the back of the great Wayne Manor.

Of course, it was not his property.  The forest was not a part of all the land his "father" had.
It was his own place to escape. To be himself.

The black eyes that saw him running away came to his mind and made him sigh.

Rose was pretty. That was undeniable but...
But he didn't love her.
He was not intended to.
If he was there that night, it was for higher, more "noble" reasons.

His horse's neigh brought him back to reality.
The horse was as white as the snow covering the dirt and the trees.
And against that cold scenario, a dark figure was seen.

A wolf.

Close enough to attack him or his animal.

The boy breathed in.
Whatever move he made, he might get himself or his horse in a dangerous situation.

The growling was fiercer and louder when the wolf prepared to attack him.
He closed his eyes and waited for the worst when the sound ended.

He quickly opened up his eyes and saw a slim and ethereal figure appearing through the woods.
The animal quickly moved away. Disappearing into the forest.

The figure came closer until the moon let her delicate features to be seen.
A young girl, he could guess around his age, wearing a long dark blue dress.
Her locks framing her face and cascading over her shoulders and down to her waist.
Her curious expression was accentuated by her Crystal clear blue eyes.

-You... How did You do that?- The boy asked, jading while getting off his horse's back.
Moving carefully towards her.

What could a maiden like her being doing at midnight in the forest?

-Who are you?-The girl muttered but it was audible enough for him to reply:

-My name is Jason...Jason Todd.

His hand was offered to her as well as his breathtaking smile.
The girl hesitated.
Then held his hand.
Jason felt his heart skipping a beat when their fingers entangled.

-My name is Rachel...