A new hope

I remember it like it was yesterday, the day of my world's destruction, how could I not?

I remember the screams of my people as they helplessly turned into stone, their dead bodies lingering on the ground.

I watched in terror as the many lives of my people got sucked away from them. I only pray that they see Valhalla...

"Serenity, take this." My father says to me knocking me out of the trance I placed myself under. "Father no! I shall fight alongside you as I am-" he cuts me off and gritted his teeth, like he was almost scared.

I didn't realize it at the time but even my hands, were trembling in fear. I fall to my knees in realization that, I too would face the same fate as my people did, I too was going to die.

"Mommy, I'm scared," My three year old sister said. I grabbed her small body and proceeded to cry, "It's going to be fine, Irene." My tears were enough to send my parents onto the edge.

"Ugo! Now!" My father said, and then me and my sister were placed into Borgs, magical shields. But even I knew this was not enough to face the wrath of our most powerful enemy.

"My daughter, this is the last time our eyes will ever meet, I love you, protect your sister." Those were my father's last words before we departed, although I could've sworn he whispered something else to me.

"When this abomination returns, that is when I shall awake you, and lend you my power, Queen Serenity"

•Whole new creation of Earth•

My eyes fluttered open to blue skies and strong winds, I rubbed the dirt off my eyes and look down. "Irene?!" I look down at a body of bones, bones of a child... there wasn't enough magoi to keep us alive so it took her.

My eyes welt up into tears as I pick up the remains of my little sister. "I'm sorry Irene, I couldn't save you or anyone.." I use my soft hands to dig into the earth.

I placed my young sister into the newly made hole and cover her, tears falling onto her. The Rukh around me seemed to sense my pain and have come to aid me.

"Seems like you're too late too." I said.

I cover her corpse, and began to rise from the ground. I take a long look at my surroundings and sighed, "I guess I'm all alone, Father."

And that's when it hit me, I could sense him, I could sense my father.
But how? I'm sure he died, even though I did not see a physical body, there's no way he could've survived the war.

My heart pounded over and over as I realized what I must do now, the journey I must take. Even if it isn't my father, I have to find out who or what that is, I owe it to myself, to Irene and to everyone else...

"I'm coming."