It Happened

Between the pages of the book I've been browsing, I found myself remembering the day I pictured myself in college, in the promised college life. I was enthusiastic about the idea then suddenly college happened like a motherfucker.

Now, I only reminisce the old days where I can do nothing the whole year and ace all my subjects, very far from my reality today where I'd study my ass for days straight with no sleep and the chances that I'd pass were still too slim to even think about it or wish thus at times I pray to God even when I don't believe in him.

"Excuse me,"

I was taken out of my own bubble by a man standing in front of me. I tilted my head to meet his gaze.

"Yes?"

"Do you mind," He gestured to the chair, "if I occupy this seat?"

I looked around to see if there's other vacant seat but the coffee shop is rather packed tonight and as much as I'd like to keep this table to myself, I don't own the place.

I looked at him for the second time. He was wearing a navy blue hoodie, a pair of thick black glasses and is rather tall. He looks like a typical college student to me.

"Sure,"

"Thank you,"

Looking at the table, I can only see how quick he placed his laptop like he was trying to make sure that it's gonna be his place and no one else's—or maybe I'm just overthinking so I just tried to keep my belongings in much little place as possible and not look at him at all.

Little did I know, like college, just like that, he happened.