Caroline's Story

Right this isn't finished and still needs a bit of work and some more details added in. But here is my start. Wondered what people thought of the start and had any comments? Please let me know and enjoy.

Fierce icy winds shook the neat houses that lined the deserted street. Above them, the black clouded winter sky with the full moon struggling to shine through the thick clouds which slammed the heavy raindrops onto the pavements below and rattled against the brittle window panes of the silent houses. The tall trees displayed their bare branches as their delicate leaves were thrown around, scattering them and sending them high into the air, allowing the strong winds to carry them away. Halfway along the road the only lit street light started to flicker and soon died out leaving its surroundings in total darkness. Beyond the whistling and howling of the rapid winds and the pounding of the torrential rain against the ground, the rumble of the late night motorway traffic could be heard in the distance. One engine in particular grew louder and soon its deafening roar was bouncing around the walls of the neighbourhood nearby. A set of blinding headlights appeared at the end of the road, illuminating the tarmac and reflecting in the dark windows of the abandoned buildings. The small Peugeot shot towards number seventeen like a little red bullet and the brakes screeched loudly as it swung sharply into the already occupied driveway, where an Isuzu Trooper proudly stood its ground. The house behind seemed empty. All the curtains were drawn and no lights were on inside. The angry glow from the headlights disappeared and the pounding drone of the engine cut off as a dark figure emerged from the car. Behind the top most window of the still house, through a gap left in the curtains, the small outline of a broken body could be seen shivering violently on her bed as her white knuckles tugged her damp and stained sheets closer to her bruised body. Wisps of steam seeped from her lips with every breath into the cold crisp air around her and warm salty tears escaped her eyes and rolled down her cold pale cheeks as she desperately held them back. Terror pierced through her powerful blue eyes as she heard the car door slam shut outside and her once sleek brown hair fell across her face. Blood still oozed from the scars he had already left and her swollen belly was sore as she lay waiting for his next attack. Alone and captivated by her fears, she was frozen, unable to move as she heard the key click in the lock. As the front door was forced open, it rattled and soon after clanged shut, allowing silence to fall once more. The thuds of the approaching footsteps were loud in her ears as they echoed through the house. She could hear them start to climb the stairs and head along the landing to the room in which she lay. The floorboards outside the door began to squeak and with a sudden crash the door flew open and stood in the doorway was the shape of a tall, widely built monster. His shadow bouncing off every wall from the moonlight that managed to peer in through a rip in the curtains. Walking slowly into the room he kicked off his shoes and quietly shut the door behind him, the small click making the girl jump. She could hear the rustle of his clothes behind her but lay motionless hoping he would leave. The figure slipped off his waterlogged jacket and threw it onto a nearby chair. The rattle of his belt and the jingle of coins and keys in his pockets filled the room as he pulled off his jeans, tossing them into a heap on the floor. Turning to face the small girl bowed on the bed, he began unbuttoning his shirt and slipped off his boxer shorts, throwing them down onto the moonlit patch where his jeans already lay. Surrounded with nowhere to go, she waited. She could feel him, his warm breath along the back of her neck. She shut her eyes and gritted her teeth as she felt his hand run along her back and the cold air grip her body as he ripped off the sheets that were wrapped tightly around her. Goosebumps erupted all over her body as he pulled her onto her back and the bed sank with his weight added to the mattress as he climbed on top of her. The pain seared through her as she was forced to re-live the torture from the monster inside this man. His weight crushed her already broken bones and the nausea built in her stomach as she felt his rough hands slide along her side and over her body. She winced as his lips touched her neck and he slowly kissed her and his body moved to the rhythm of the raindrops beating against the window. As he moved closer, the stench of his working body filled her nostrils. He muttered slowly under his breath and the words spun inside her head, his insults and threats that she could not erase. She tried to focus on something else, her mind swirling with thoughts and she focused on the sound of the hammering rain against the window, but the hush of his breath rattled inside her head. He rocked back and forth, his face loomed in front of hers, the moonlight shone on one side of his face and his eyes were dark and filled with evil. He started to smile as the searing pain ran through every part of her body and she tensed; small whimpers left her lips but were muffled by his body pressing down on her. No one was around that could hear or help her. The pain became too much for her small body to bear and she took one last breath before she fell unconscious. It was over. The monster released a loud howl as he pulled out of her limp body and slid off the bed allowing the mattress to spring back to life. He watched as the girl's body bounced slightly and began sniggering to himself, filled with joy, fresh with the memory from his latest attack. With no sign of remorse he began to pull his clothes back on to his sweaty body. Zipping up his trousers and without a backwards glance her left her naked body bent on the bed. Slamming the front door shut, he ran through the arctic rain and clambered into his car. With music blaring from the speakers, he drove off into the night, not a care in the world.