Prologue

They sighed contently. An hour of waiting in baggage claim, thirty minutes to hail a cabbie and picking up Snowy and Acorn added up to perfection. Both Hazel and Tintin were content for the time being.

“Thanks for watching the dogs, Captain.” Hazel beamed, picking her beloved Corgi.

The elderly captain Haddock smiled. “It was no big deal, Miss. They were calm for the most part.”

Both Tintin and Hazel looked at one another. The dogs were calm? That was a first.

“Well,” Tintin nodded, “Thanks again. Hearing the dogs were calm is a surprise to us.”

Haddock explained. “They were quite rowdy after they found out you were leaving for a while, then they settled down after a while.”

Both journalists leashed their respected dogs and, with a final wave, left the retired sea captain’s mansion.

Walking down the empty Brussels streets, Tintin glanced over at his girlfriend. “So, it’s been almost three years, you know.”

Hazel looked back at him with a confused look. “Since we adopted Acorn?”

The red-headed teen chuckled. “Well, yes and no. Guess again.”

The brunette tapped her nose. “Hm… is it the three year anniversary from the day we met?”

“Right on your nose, Haze! It’s been three beautiful, adventurous years with you, my dear.”