i. shadow

'I lost my way, in the light of the darkness like the shadows.'

———

attraction
/əˈtrakʃ(ə)n/

noun
the action or power of evoking interest in or liking for someone or something.

synonym:
appeal, desirability, seduction, allure, charisma, lure, entrancement, temptation, interest, fascination, enchantment, captivation

———

J U N G E U N

J U N G E U N

My least favorite thing to do is to stay still in a small room or space over a long period of time, it's not something I enjoy. It even reaches the extent where you could say I hate it with every inch of my body. It's only about half an hour into the movie and I already feel cold sweat dribbling down my back, causing my shirt to damp and cling to my skin. My mouth feels like the equivalent of dry parchment and my tongue feels like a rock in the desert.

I nervously rake the tips of my fingers through my hair and chew my chapped-lips. I'm too deep in thought that I fail to notice that my hands are sweaty and my fingertips are digging into my thighs; not deep enough to draw blood but enough to leave a few red marks and bruising behind.

My mind is telling me to get up from the couch and get out of here, but I can't because my body won't allow me to move at all. I feel like I am being held back by a heavy force that's weighing me down. And well, the other reason is that my parents know this is one of my favorite movies. I love Practical Magic... it's witty, funny, and romantic. But right now I just can't focus. I have a headache and my head is starting to spin making me feel nauseous, I try and keep my eyes on the screen, but to no ends.

It's only until I'm just about ready to pass out that I quickly mutter something about the bathroom, that I stumble out of my living room and into our fortunately monumental kitchen. The ceiling is over three meters high, and behind the island that is situated in the center of the kitchen to my left, is a ten-foot-wide, floor-to-ceiling window that overlooked our fifteen acres of land. There is a mini kitchen sink with a faucet installed in the center of the white quartz marble countertop, and it's mainly for drinking water. We have our own well in the back yard so we all get fresh-filtered water. I quickly walk over to the sink and grab a glass from the cabinet beneath the island. I fill it halfway and chug it down, letting the coolness of the water run down my throat with ease, my limbs slowly start to function again and my mouth regains some of its moisture back.

You could say I'm claustrophobic, but that's only part of the story. Yes, I do carry around that weight with me every single day of my life, but it's not one of those things I've had my entire life. I wouldn't say it started recently, but... let's just say, my parents, don't even know. And I have a pretty good relationship with them.