𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚎

This is a collaborated story with Imsecretly_crazy and others outside of Wattpad

This story is rated M for graphic depictions of violence and cursing

———

Thunder crashed over the mountain and sent rain pouring over the quiet town of Queencoast .

No one walked along the broken concrete sidewalks that lined the streets or stood along the coast like many normally did . All seemed barren and cold .

Just earlier that month , A random string of crimes varying from house break ins and even arson had occurred . Yet no one expected it to lead to such a violent act of murder . The poor child had their throat slit so terribly that they had nearly become decapitated , no one could even identify them .

No matter how hard the police tried the murderer could never be caught .

So it was especially unrealistic to see a 14 year old be able to nearly solve the case . Nearly .

———

To Yeeetmaster687 -

I've texted you all day , but you still can't even show up to a simple back alley !

To Shoelock -

I'm stuck inside because of rain :( SRRY that I can't meet up , I would have told you earlier but I got busy

To Yeeetmaster687 -

It's fine . We can just meet up tomorrow okay ?

To Shoelock -

Okay :)

———

Shloak walked along the barren streets . It was only around five when he stopped to take a short cut to get back to his house .

The alley way was dark and mostly damp from little droplets of rain that sprinkled from the roof . He leaned against the wall to send a quick text his mother telling her he'd back around seven that same night . It was a shame that Anthony or better known as " Yeeetmaster 687 " couldn't come .

The distant rumbling of thunder make his skin crawl inside and out . He tucked his phone inside his front pocket and continued on down the alleyway .

If he hurried he might be able to get a decent seat next to the WiFi monitor . His shoes and the rest of his outfit had become soaking wet and he shivered intensely .

This was his one way ticket to the flu .

The bright lights of the arcade reflected onto the puddles beneath them . Shloak wipes his glasses to make himself look a bit more presentable . The metal door swung open and he stepped inside .

Hardly anyone set at the tables only a family with their children were inside the tiny space . He took a seat by the WiFi monitor like he had planned , It felt oddly strange for there to be so little people there on a Saturday night .

The sturdy black case for his laptop unzipped . He had to get ready for his " work " that he was so close to finishing . It had taken him over two months and one week exactly .

He typed in his password for the laptop . A blue circle came up as a loading symbol ; It only took a few more seconds for him to have access to his files . Anxiety quickly took over him .

Would the police even take him seriously when he presented his evidence ? I mean he was just a fourteen year old with incredible hacking skills , They might even think he was the killer !

The black haired teen took a sip of the Mountain Dew he had ordered . He pulled up another tab and typed in " Queencoast murder " . Only a vague amount of evidence had been found about the killer responsible for at least two deaths in the last month . They knew that they definitely lived in the town . That was a start , right ?

He had taken precise notes about the killer and tried his best to piece the evidence together and make a reasonable conclusion . The family that once sat across the arcade left for the night , leaving Shloak alone . The tips of his fingers aches from writing so long , but he couldn't stop , he was too close to give up .

The rain seized for the mean time only to suddenly come back heavier than ever . He looked up to glance at the time " 6:56 " he uttered underneath his breath half-heartedly . The walk home would take some time , and he didn't want his mom spamming his phone .

The only reasonable thing was to pack up and leave . He pulled his hood over his head to keep him from getting any wetter than he already was . A cringe worthy squish came from his black shoes , He was sure to get sick now .

The walk home would require him to go through a stretch of trees along the road . The road had a tendency to be pretty quiet towards the later hours of the day . Wind whipped against his face harshly and his eyes stung .

All he wanted to do was get home and curl up with some video games .

The green indicated that he was almost home . He grinned lightly to himself and jogged across the street .

His laptop case slapped against his thigh harshly with every step " Almost shloak , almost home " he mumbled to himself quirky , Yet it was barely audible . A moth whizzed past him making him screech a little and stumbled back onto concrete .

Everything felt fuzzy inside his mind like mist on Dew . He could
barely see the street sign that showed him where he should be . Small scraps covered the palms of his hand and he winced in pain .

Shloak wobbled up to his feet again .

He walked another two paces .

He looked up at the pouring sky to think .

His thinking was quickly cut short however by something sharp and painful stabbing into his chest . No matter how loud he cried no one heard his pained screams against the beating rain .

———