I was a Cripple

Last night, I dreamed of a dreadful place. I found myself on the crossroad, walked all alone and tried to find something. But then again, that something is still missing. No one knows it, no one can solve it and I really don’t know why.

          Just a while ago, the mournful morning came and the wind wailed around the room, I turned in the window and all I did is to sigh, wondering, why?

“Hi Gabriel, Good morning,” Aunt Pauline greeted as she opened the door. “Did you sleep well?”

          “Hi, Good morning Aunt Pauline, thanks for the concern,” I replied.

          “Well okay, I have to prepare your breakfast, I’ll be back soon,” she added as she went away.

          Aunt Pauline is my mom’s sister. I remember when she brought me to the emergency room after that big car accident happened when I was just four years old.

          I also remember when she cried, “I’m sorry to tell you Gabriel, God already took your mom and dad. Only you survived.”

          At that time, I couldn’t blame anyone except myself.

          At present, I usually ride on a chair with wheels attached on it. I do love it, but my Aunt does hate to see me playing that thingy. Hahaha Bloody Hell. Funny eh? Anyways, yeah yeah I suffered from being a cripple. I can’t even walk or stand for almost nine years since that car accident happened.

“Hi Gabriel!  Your breakfast is ready,” Aunt Pauline said. “Come here now.”

          “I will,” I replied.

          Aunt Pauline is kind of a joyful woman. I dunno why she keeps on saying “Hi”, it sounds weird, that kind of a bloody hell feeling, but I love her so much and I mean it. Yeah, I swear I mean it.

          “So, how’s your morning?” Aunt Pauline asked as she got the plate on the table.

          “Just fine,” I replied as I got the spoon and fork. “How about you, Aunt Pauline?”

          “Well, I’m kind of excited. I heard that there will be new strangers who will be living just beside our house,” she joyfully replied.

          “new neighbors? you mean?” I asked as I chewed the food.

          “Yeah,” she replied. “Oh, after this, fix yourself Gabriel, we will go to the doctor and we’ll have to check your legs.”

          I shouted as I moved the chair, “It’s just a waste of time Aunt Pauline! We already had last year and we’ve been doing that for the past few years but my legs won’t be cured anymore.”

          She replied as she walked outside silently. “I’ll be waiting,”

As I went out, the wind blew so hard. The sky was almost as black as my Aunt Pauline’s hair. The temperature started to go down and my lips were trembling. It’s like we’re in an old bloody hell town, so cold and quiet.

          “Hi! Let’s go Gabriel,” said Aunt Pauline as she ran towards me.

          I replied, “Thanks Ant Pauline.”

Aunt Pauline is always there at my back. I mean, when we go out, she carry me through her back that’s why I used to thank her.

          She seldom uses her car but at this time, we knew that it would be raining so hard that’s why she decided to use it.