O1

Ah, school. What a wonderful place. Seungmin didn't understand why people hated it.

Well, to him, he found school as the one and only place he is safe. Sort of, he can't say say he loves school the hundred percent. He just felt better at school than at home.

As usual, he took a seat at his usual desk, setting out the the notebook he would use, pencils and highlighters. He loved decorating his notes, it gave them more life and it actually made him want to study from time to time. When the teacher walked in, he focused their attention to them.

"So, I don't feel like teaching today! How nice, right? I'll give you guys a quiz for the last ten minutes of class. It's pretty short, should really only take you five minutes, but I'll give you ten. However, for the next thirty-five minutes you need to study. Get in groups or partners, don't be too loud. You can listen to music through earbuds. Earbuds! Headphones! As long as I don't hear your music, I don't care. If I see that you're not studying, I will give you a harder quiz. Trust me, kids, you don't want that."

"Ms.Choi!!", A student raised their hand.

She hummed, " What is it, Minjae?"

"Can we study in the hallways?"

"No." She waved her hand, "Kay, get started, don't be loud."

As kids dragged chairs or desks next to one another just to clutter into a group or partners, Seungmin remained where is was. Everyone was in their own little world in no time, well...almost everyone.

Minjae didn't feel the need to study, he just sat there, ignoring his friends comments over what words he couldn't grasp.

"Hey, Huijun? You're introverted when I'm not around you, right?"

Huijun rose a brow, confused as to why his best friend suddenly brought that up. "Yeah, why?"

Minjae propped his elbow on his desk, resting his chin on the palm of his hand. "But you make an effort to talk to others, right?"

"What are you trying to get at, Minjae?"

"I've noticed he's a little introverted"

"Who?"

Minjae gestured at Seungmin with his head, and watched his best friend turn to see who he was talking about. Huijun furrowed his brows and gave Minjae a look.

"Him, he's a year above I think..."

"Minjae, please don't go befriend him."

"Why not?"

"I heard he's mute."

Minjae sputtered, taken aback and putting his propped arm down. "What? Mute?"

Huijun gave him a 'yeah, that's what I said' look. "No one has heard him talk, not even teachers. "

"Then how-"

"I don't know, and necessarily, I don't care either. Now help me figure out which words I need to memorize."

Minjae sighed, pouting while turning away from the cute boy that sat alone. Despite what Huijun said, he was still going to give an effort to befriend the boy.

"Do you think he does sign language?"

"Minjae."

"Right, sorry."