Prologue

"the only way to truly hurt a man is to take away everything that he values and remind him of it everyday. By doing this, you will also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man because he will become your greatest horror"

*

COMING SOON

*

"Every once in a lifetime dreams can come true. Now and then when the stars shine, you meet somebody like you"

*

          DAMON SALVATORE PACED THROUGH MYSTIC FALL'S TOWN SQUARE WITH PURPOSE. His sapphire eyes scanned the area determinedly, searching for a particular redheaded human who had a knack for trouble. His nerves grew the longer he took to find her. Where could she be? He remained alert as he jaywalked across the street towards the Mystic Fall's Grill, known more commonly as 'the Grill' by the locals.

          The vampire's hand dropped roughly inside the pocket of his jeans, pulling out his cellphone in order to distractingly dial the woman's number and finally raised the phone to his ear. His eyebrows furrowed in discontent.

"Hey, this is Vee! I can't answer my phone right now, probably busy having a life. Leave a message if it's important!" The voicemail pre-recorded message announced, causing the raven-haired man to groan angrily. He rolled his eyes, half-heartedly expecting that his friend would ignore his call. Of all the times, you choose to ignore me, he thought angrily as an annoyed sigh escaped from his lips, before leaving a message.

"Hey, Red! Think you can answer your phone maybe once in a while?" He snapped, as his glare floated through the window of the Grill, searching for the familiar face. "Where the hell are you? Call me back."

          He angrily shoved the phone back into his pocket as he furiously walked down the street, stopping as the breeze brought a familiar peachy scent to his nose. His hunter instincts took over as he followed his prey to an open alley. The redheaded woman faced away from him; her gaze seemingly lost. Her mind consumed with chaotic thoughts. Her long hair floated with the breeze, carrying her scent over to the vampire. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Damon said, annoyance lacing his tone as he flashed in front of the woman. At the sudden movement, she crossed her arms as if to keep warm. She looked around nodding slowly, the confusion in her eyes shifted to understanding as her eyes finally met Damon's softening gaze. The dark bags beneath her eyes explained everything.

 The dark bags beneath her eyes explained everything

"Sorry. I was... lost."