This Kiss ( Marianas Trench Fanfic )

After what seemed to be forever, people were slowly leaving the banquet hall. A small group of Matt’s closest friends hung around for a bit, finishing up their beers. I swept the dark cherry wood flooring, and popped several balloons in the process. After packing away all of Matt’s presents in my car, I sat down in the small group that was left over. “Lynn and I are going to head out soon, I think.” Matt said nodding at Kevvy and Nicole. “If you’re dropping off Matt, can you drop off me too?” Nicole asked me, running a hand through her blonde curls. A smile spread across my face when I realized I had a legit excuse why I couldn’t. “Matt’s sleeping over at my house like he does every year for his birthday meaning that I’m not dropping him at his house. That’s why we took my car.” I explain as a sour expression crawls onto her orange, not real tan face. “Oh. Can I join the sleepover?” Nicole seductively asked Matt, leaning forward to show her boobs.  I thought to myself, but I wasn’t about to ruin Matt’s practically perfect birthday party over a fight that wouldn’t give me satisfaction for more than a few minutes. “Maybe another time? Tonight is Lynn and I’s last time to spend some real time together before I go on tour again.” Matt says politely declining her advances. Her now smirk-less face was shocked, but the look went away as fast as it came. “Whatever, whatever. I was joking anyway! Kevvy, wanna come over for drinks?” Nicole asked, as Matt and I walked off. I loved knowing that he didn’t think of Nicole that way, but then again, he doesn’t think of me that way either. We had been best friends since we were in pampers, and even then I had a crush on Matt. I just got used to longing for what I couldn’t have. Sure, Matt loved me just not in the way I want him to.

After we said our goodbyes, we drove to my house and ran upstairs to slip into our pj’s. Matt and I had changed together as kids, what would be different now, we had thought. But since Matt’s really awkward, everything was different. I had boobs now, not just a girl next door kind of look. Now, I was totally matured and so was he, and even though we had changed in the same room mere nights ago, today felt different. I walked over to my drawer and pulled out my normal sleeping attire, an old baggy band tee and one of the many pairs of sweat pants Matt and I share. Pulling my dark curls into a messy, quick bun, I look in the mirror to study myself when I see a shirtless Matt behind me. He’s looking at me through the mirror, and pretends not to be when I catch him staring. Oh, right. I didn’t have a shirt on or pants. I sometimes forget that he is a male, who is fully aware of boobs. I laugh dryly out loud and slip into the clothing I laid out before. Matt is busily searching for his phone charger in his overnight bag while I jump onto my queen bed, ruffling the covers next to him. “Wellllll. We could watch a movie? I just bought a box of cinnamon apple tea, and I’ll make you some.” I suggested, as Matt curtly nods. “Okay, sounds good. I’ll pick the movie?” Matt says, walking over to the cabinet of movies I have next to my flat screen TV. I skip down the hallway to make the tea, and bring a bowl of popcorn while I’m at it. By the time I finished everything, and cleaned up the mess the whipped cream made on the counter, Matt picked out a DVD. “Matt….. What DVD did you pick?” I ask with a scared look on my face. “Kill Bill…..” He giggles, with a smirk on his face. “I have that DVD???” I raise an eyebrow at him and then walk over to the bed, setting down the popcorn and tea. I snatch the movie from his hands, and read the cover. I actually did have that DVD. “Lynnlee, it’s my birthday just watch it with me. Please?” He pleads. “Fine, but only because it’s you we’re talking about.” I tell him, as a smile creeps onto his face.

Halfway into the movie, I started getting sleepy. You probably assume that next I curl up into his lap and he watches me sleep and falls in love with me while I’m sleeping like every other damn romance novel. This happens to be real life and in real life, no one is extremely stunning and flawless enough that when they sleep they could make someone fall in love with them. When I sleep, I snore. I toss and turn, which makes my hair look like a rats nest when I wake up. “Goodnight cupcake.” Matt whispers as I flip over to face him. “Happy Birthday Matt, love you.” I respond before drifting off to sleep. When I wake up in the morning, Matt is still cuddled against me. I don’t want to wake him, because I’m unsure of what time he went to bed at. He looked so cute! Matt’s flawless body was curled around mine, his cheek resting on my shoulder. His mouth was slightly open, and he was making cute sleeping noises. Just as I reach over to touch his face, his eyes flutter open. “Morning Lynn.” Matt yawns, squeezing the shoulder his face wasn’t resting on. “How’d ya sleep?” I ask, pushing some hair away from my face. “Great! I was tired out enough that as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out.” Matt says, stifling another yawn.