134340

"Let's break up, Paulo..I'm tired." You said. But I smiled as soon as the words left your mouth because this is something I already saw coming.

"Will it make you happy?" I sadly asked while biting my lower lip to keep myself from shedding even a single tear.

"So much.." You said it without hesitance, like my feelings were irrelevant, like you can't wait even just a second to be free from me, and break me apart, like I don't deserve any of your sympathy, like you never even loved me..

"If breaking up with me will make you happy, I would do it in a heartbeat." The happiness in your eyes the moment I agreed brought me so much pain I felt like dying. I feel so damn stupid because the bigger part of me will still do anything just to see you smile even if it means it will break me inside, even if it causes my own happiness, even if I am miserable.

Because you are my world. I was your star but I forgot I can't even compare myself to the Moon. I may lit you up, but not as much as the moon will when the sun sets and the night will come. I may comfort you, but it will never be as warm as you would like, because you crave for the glow that only comes from the moon, the kind of comfort that when the natural lights dimmed, and the darkness arises, you wouldn't be scared. I apologized for never being enough, for not shining as bright as you would want, for not making myself significant enough, easily forgotten and erased.

Because I'm just a number and a dark Pluto that's hard for you to remember. But still, I'll be going around you.

Perhaps you're my Earth, relevant and ethereal. But I am just your asteroid number 134340, and will never be your moon