Downtown

Y/N POV

I finished my schoolwork early, so I decided to go dress shopping. It was around lunchtime so the traffic going to Downtown was rough. Hannah and Brooke texted me before I left, telling me to call them during lunch. I find a parking spot and begin to look around.

Everyone and everything here screams LA. It's amazing. A little part of me feels out of place. I don't know where to start. I call Brooke to get their opinions on where to go first. Thankfully, they pick up right away.

"Hey. You guys busy?"

"Hi, y/n. No, we're in the courtyard for free period . Any updates on your LA experience?" Brooke asks, I hear Hannah cursing out someone in the background.

"Yeah, actually. I need help."

"Help with what?" Hannah asks, her voice comes closer to the phone.

"I need to buy a homecoming dress." I hear indistinct chatter come from them.

"You're coming back? Homecoming's tomorrow." Hannah says. Excitement rises from Brooke.

"No, I'm going to homecoming here actually." A disappointed sigh comes through the phone. "Daniel asked me to go with him." Suddenly, excited squeals and screams deafen me.

"Oh my God!" Brooke screams.

"That's amazing!" Hannah squeals after.

"When?" Brooke asks.

"How?" Hannah asks immediately after.

"Where?" At this point, I can't tell who's asking.

"HOW!?" An aggressive yell attacks me through the phone.

"That was aggressive." I say calmly, they finally stop the questions. "Can I talk now?"

"Yeah." Brooke answers. I sit down at a nearby bench, this'll take a minute.

"So, you guys know how I drive him to school? He asked me this morning, by the way. Him and his friends pulled up into the driveway with a truck full of roses and he asked me then and there. It was so cute, he planned it all week, gathered his friends at sunrise to help set everything up. It was just really thoughtful and sweet of him to come up with it all." I feel my face get warm and can't help but smile while replaying the moment in my head. They are silent for a second, then the squeals and screams come back.

"Omg y/n! That's so fricking adorable!" Brooke says, squealing after, she sounds like a fricking piglet.

"You are so lucky! Ugh I wish the guys here were that bold. You totally deserve it girl!" Hannah says. They continue to squeal and scream while talking, but I can't understand. At least I know they're happy for me.

"Thanks guys. But, I need help. I obviously didn't pack a dress, so I'm in Downtown looking for one."

"Say no more. Go to the nearest Clara's." Brooke says, in a orderly manner.

"Clara's? How the heck am I gonna find a Clara's?" I scan the area for anything.

"Ask someone. There has to be somebody that knows a place." Hannah says. Does she even know me? No way am I gonna talk to a stranger.