Cнα⅊тɛʀ 5 (edited)

Nora's P

Nora's P.O.V

The loud scuttle of sounds from the living room had awoken me from a much-needed sleep. It was the type of sound which made me think there were more people in this house than there should have been. Accompanying the noise came a deep male voice and a light-hearted laugh from my mom who barely ever showed such happiness what with all her work and tiredness.

'Why is she laughing like that?' I pondered as I got out of bed in record breaking time. Brushing my teeth and changing my clothes into black denim shorts and a blue tank top, I hurried to investigate the cause of it all. My usual unruly hair had become too much effort to try and brush, so I left it loosely cascading down my back like silky waterfalls.

As I made my bed and slowly crept down the stairs, I heard that specific masculine male voice, it was one I recognised as belonging to Elian. 'He couldn't possibly have shown up to my house, after yesterday', I argued with myself as I rounded the corner and scrutinized the living room with a hard glare.

Sure enough there he was, Elian Cooper, sitting on the couch in my mother's home with a cup of coffee in his hands and a warm smile plastered on his face. A muffin waited on the table ready to be devoured by his plump lips and yet he didn't dare touch it. Dressed in a plain white short-sleeved shirt and blue jeans with black leather shoes, his eyes captured my mother's attention as he leaned towards her and complimented her home.

Suddenly feeling underdressed in his presence, I couldn't help but to stare at him. He looked ravishing, from the way he sat laidback to the way his black wavy hair shadowed his forehead in a mysterious way.

I wanted him, for breakfast, in more ways than one.

As his eyes connected with mine, Elian shifted, placing the coffee on our table, and standing from his chair. His muscles taunted me as his body teased me and when his voice struck me, I looked away in guilt. 'He's my boss for crying out loud', I wept to myself.

"Miss Nora, how are you feeling?" Elian asked politely. My mom, still sitting in her seat at the table, looked in my direction smiling innocently as if she were an angel, yet her eyebrows wiggled suggestively. I inwardly groaned at her as I tried to heavily ignore the subtle hints she was portraying.

Before I could answer Elian my mom interjected with a sweet voice, "Nora, why don't you take Elian to your room? I'll bring you guys some snacks." I hesitated for a minute before nodding in agreement and gesturing towards Elian for him to follow me as I led the way to my bedroom. I didn't really want him in my house, not after what had happened and what I'd done to Anna.

"What are you doing here? Maybe you haven't been told yet, but I've quit the job and I'm definitely not returning there ever again", I sternly enlightened Elian. I aimed to appear confident and yet my demeanour around him had evaded the target, I was desperate for the job, that part I heatedly admitted but I couldn't turn back time now.