Father

Run” was the last thing Amira heard from her father before his head was cut clean and his heart stopped beating. She didn’t know who it was or what it was. Father was standing in the way and so she couldn’t see, but whatever it was, father wanted to keep her safe from it.

Growing up, Amira was told she was a special child, father said she was so special, mother had to give her life for her(Amira) to survive and survive she must all her life. Father said the moment she was born into the world, the earth stopped moving and even the sun moved closer to see “The Great Amira”. She didn’t cry like other children did, instead she suckled on her thumb till she went back to sleep and even when there was no breast to feed on(for mother was dead), she didn’t make a fuss. Father said she was such a peaceful child, one would think she knew, she had no mother. And now father was gone too, the only family she had left or rather the only family she knew. She didn’t know why, but the only thing she could hear in her little head as she ran was “survive, Amira,survive” and as she took one last look at the place she once called home, Amira swore to return another day, another time, when she sought out whoever or whatever had killed father and she would put an end to it,but right now all she had to do was run and survive, just as father had always said.