CH 1

Alex        

It was like any other day: the sky was blue, the birds were chirping, and my dog, Snoop, was licking my face wanting me to wake up. I swiftly got out of bed and went into the kitchen to get some breakfast. Shay was already at school so it was another day alone with the dog.

By the time I was finished eating, Snoop was basically jumping on top of me, begging to take him for a walk; so I got dressed and we headed out.

The weather was beautiful; I could feel summer coming in. Shay had only one week left of her senior year, and then we were free from that hell of a school.

Even though I was younger than my sister, we both had two entirely different high school experiences. While she was making varsity on the volleyball team, I was getting pushed into lockers. She was acing every test, I was trying to concentrate on my work while trying to block out the nasty comments my peers were making of me. I think it's safe to say the reason is obvious as to why I was home, graduated with a job, and she was out there getting the social experience every teen dreams of. 

 **

Lunch time came around and I decided to take the car and head to my favorite cafe downtown. I sat in my usual seat and ordered my usual meal. Everything was the way it was supposed to be; until a tall brown haired man walked through the front door. 

I watched as he looked around for a table and that's when he caught me staring. I looked down immediately and pretended he wasn't there. It was kind of hard though since he sat at the table in front of me. I grabbed a magazine from my purse and pretended to read while occasionally looking up to watch him.

He was beautiful, striking, and I couldn't help myself from admiring him. His eyes a hazel glow, cheek bones lining to his jaw where a single dimple could be seen even without a smile. 

Interrupting my thoughts, the man who'd I thought was still sitting at his own table, appeared standing before me. 

"Excuse me." 

My eyes immediately locked with his as I realized what I was seeing, was in face really happening. 

Is this real life? Am I dead and he is the angel to take me up to heaven? 

"May I sit?" His deep voice had a hint of British in it. 

"Yeah go ahead." I choked out. He sat but didn't say anything. 

"Can I help you with something?" I asked. 

"Oh no, I just; I'm new in town and you looked like you could use some company too." He smiled and my face flushed red. 

"I'm Alex." I smiled and reached up to shake his hand.

"Liam."

Shay

I got home around 5 from softball practice to see that Alex wasn't home. So I took Snoop's leash and headed off to the park down the street.

I noticed a few guys there which made me self conscious since I hadn't got around to taking a shower yet. I wasn't paying attention to Snoop though so he somehow got out of his collar and started running off.

"Shit," I whispered to myself as I ran after him hoping I wouldn't fall in case the guys were looking. But to my surprise, the 3 guys ran after him too until finally, the blonde caught him.

As he walked over, I noticed his bright blue eyes glowing.

"I believe this is your dog." he smiled and I blushed taking Snoop into my arms.

"Thank you." There was a small pause until I came back into reality. "I'm Shay," 

He smiled and put out his hand.

"Niall," I smiled back and that was when I realized he wasn't from around here. He was Irish.  

I slowly hooked Snoop's leash back on and set him back on the ground then started to walk away.

"Wait!" Niall called after me.  "Where are you headed?"

"I'm about to head home actually..."

"Would you mind if I walked with you?" I stood there shocked for a moment and a bit suspicious. Don't do it! My subconscious yelled at me but I pushed her away.

"Right this way," I smiled shyly and slowly lead the way. 

**

As Niall and I walked home, he told me about his life back in Ireland, about his family, about how much he loves food. He was so sweet and funny and charming and of course very handsome. When we got back to the house I let Snoop inside and stayed on the porch to talk to Niall. 

"Can I...see you again?" He asked. 

I blushed and looked to the ground. 

"Of course." I said.

I looked up to see my sister's car coming into the driveway, but she wasn't alone. Alex got out of the car followed by a tall dark haired boy. 

"Niall?" The dark haired boy asked.

"Liam?"

"You two know each other?" Alex and I said both in unison. 

"Yeah we're band mates." Niall answered. 

"You're in a band?" Alex asked Liam. 

"Yeah...We're in a band called One Direction."