Chap. 0

(I couldn't find whoever made the illustration above, sorry to the artist that I didn't give you credit if by some chance you find this :'>)

•Shuichi's P.O.V•

I took a few steps out of my room, stretching my arms out. I adjusted my hat and decided to wander around the school for a while.

Maybe I could find a way for us to all leave this horrible school, but I doubt it would be that easy.

•Time skip•

I pushed open a big brown door. Dust flew everywhere. I fanned my right hand in front of my face, trying to prevent myself from coughing.

I crept into the unfamiliar room, my heart pounding faster every step I took. I approached a bunch of scratched up wooden cabinets, curiously searching through them all.

I found a flashback light sitting in the very back of one of the cabinets. It didn't look like a normal flashback light though, it was a bit thicker, and it had a navy blue line looping around the tail cap and the LED housing.

"I should show this to the others..." I muttered to myself, closing the same cabinet I had gotten the unusual flashback light from.

"Show us what?" A voice came from behind me, making me jump. I looked over my shoulder, and saw Tsumugi with her head tilted and an eyebrow raised.

"O-oh! Hi Tsumugi..! I was just gonna go show the others this weird looking flashback light." I responded, adjusting my hat and turning around to face her.

"Ooh!~ It has a navy blue outline instead of a yellow outline!" Tsumugi exclaimed.

"May I take a look at it?" She asked, slightly looking down at me.

"O-Of course!" I nodded, a small smile appearing on my face. I extended my arm out and handed Tsumugi the strange looking flashback light.

Tsumugi grabbed the flashback light and examined it, her eyes widening a bit. "Maybe you should just use it on yourself." Tsumugi suggested, looking up from the light.

My smile faded, and turned into worry. "Why do you say that?" I questioned the teal haired woman.

"You know...just to make sure it's safe. We don't want our friends to get hurt if it's something bad!" Tsumugi insisted, gripping the unique flashback light with both of her hands.

"Erm, I guess your right...But shouldn't we at least tell them about it before we use it?" I asked hesitantly. Isn't it at least common sense to inform the people your working with about something important you found?

"Yeah! Here, you use the flashback light on yourself while I go tell the others about what we found." She smiled, handing me the flashback light and running out the room without letting me respond.

I groaned, squinting my eyes and examining the flashback light a bit more.

"Come on Shuichi...stop stalling and just get it over with." I muttered to myself.

I moved my thumb over to the light switch and flicked it on, the clicking of the flashback light being the last thing I heard before passing out.