Peter Salzano - Snowboarding Facts

Are you one of the aspiring snowboarders? If yes then you must be interested in knowing some interesting facts about snowboarding. Snowboarding is an interesting sport and many popular snowboarders like Shaun White, Travis Rice, Gretchen Bleiler and many more have earned a name in snowboarding says Peter Salzano one of the famous snowboarders.

 Snowboarding is an interesting sport and many popular snowboarders like Shaun White, Travis Rice, Gretchen Bleiler and many more have earned a name in snowboarding says Peter Salzano one of the famous snowboarders

Here are some interesting facts about snowboarding that as an aspiring snowboarder you will be interested to know:

1) Don't get confused with snowboarding and snurfing as snurfing is a name for snowboarding only. Earlier snowboarding was known as "snurfing."

2) Don't get scared thinking about the injuries in snowboarding as a fact the chances of injuries in snowboarding are 50-70% less than in skiing.

3) In the 1980s snowboarding was banned in resorts but it was the hard work and dedication of the sport that made the sport continue even after the ban.

4) Snowboarding is no more a normal sport there are many competitions of snowboarding as a proof of success and popularity of the sport.

5) As an aspiring snowboarder, it is important for you to know that your snowboard comes in three types that decide the type of snowboarding you will be doing.

5)    As an aspiring snowboarder, it is important for you to know that your snowboard comes in three types that decide the type of snowboarding you will be doing

These were some interesting facts related to snowboarding that each aspiring snowboarder must know. Snowboarders like Peter feel that the intention of sharing these facts is to make you understand the difference between the myths and facts related to snowboarding.