Chapter One:

"LIIIIIIIL"

"LILY!!!"

"LILY-ROSE CARSON YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE"

That's my Dad shouting. Every morning is the same routine, my alarm goes off, he shouts to make sure I'm up. Back to school it is. Where on earth did this summer go?

"I'm awake dad don't worry!"

I turn over and grab my phone, turn off the alarm and start scrolling. First instagram, scroll, scroll, scroll, like, like, like. Next is snapchat, my group chat, 'the 3 amigos' has some notifications, Emma sent some videos of her dog jumping on her bed waking her up, cute. Twitter. Scroll, scroll, scroll...

@THEGUITARMAN

      "feels good to be home #homesweethome"

Oh my god...

I jump out of bed quicker than my dad jumps for the pizza guy ringing the doorbell. And I quickly call Emma.

Emma is my best best friend, we're practically sisters. She's been there for me for the last two years every day, my rock. I've known her since pre-school though, but we only grew close the last two years. She's also the girlfriend to my other BFF, Jade. Jade and Emma have been together the last year after they both waved the white flag on the "hatred" they supposedly had towards each other, and then long story short they're the most loved up, sickening (but mega cute) couple you'd ever come across.

"hello?" from a tired Emma
"Emma, have you seen? What am I going to do? Is he back at school? Why is he back? Emma. What. Am. I. Going. To. Do."
"Lil, breathe."
*sigh* I need to calm down
"girl, you need to calm down, I saw the tweet, but they kicked him out, there's no way principal Fischer will let him back in!"
"you're right, he got kicked out, he's probably gone to another school right? Anyways, it's OUR senior year, he's not getting into my head and ruining this" I sound more confident than what I actually feel right now.
"That's the spirit! Jade and I will be around in 45 minutes to pick you up so you better be zen Lil when we get there, it's senior year baby! Anyways, see you then gal, Caio"

I should probably give you some back story.

Two years ago my life switched. Two years ago I felt like everything was crumbling down, I lost the most important person in my life, my Mom. I promised her that I would work hard and be happy to make her proud. The week after was the start of making her proud. I quit cheerleading, I walked up to my ex-best friends and told them what I had been thinking of them for years, that they're narcissistic judgemental cowards who don't have single decent bone in their body. It was safe to say they weren't best pleased with my choice of colourful language, but hey, mom never liked them or liked me hanging round them, and of course mother's know best, and by god did she. Just now I have a lovely group of haters who like to *try* and piss me off any chance they get.
But by ditching the bitch crew and the skank uniform I also lost the one person I thought would understand. Adrian. He well and truly shattered my heart when I thought it couldn't get anymore broken. He saw me change, in my opinion and anyone who was good in my life's opinion, for the better, but he wasn't about the being nice and focusing on what really matters. He was the life and soul of every party. The girls wanted him and the boys wanted to be him. Coated in leather and smelling like Dior Sauvage, he just had to walk by anyone and you'd be popsicle on the sidewalk in the heat of summer. He was the cliché of all things "bad boy", and he was mine. Was. It's still far too painful to think about what he did and just as I was ALMOST, almost ready to move on, there he is in 5 words on my twitter feed. I thought, when he got kicked out and moved away to his Dad's that I'd have seen the last of him. And there it is, one little tweet and my heart has shattered into a million pieces when I had just managed to glue the last few bits back together.

Let's hope and PRAY that he wasn't allowed back at school.