Chapter 1

"Oh shit...Oh shit...Oh, fucking shit!"

I muttered as I slip by the silk threads that probably cost like two million dollars and a human kidney. I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, but this would probably be the icing of the cake! The filling to the cupcakes of shame and stupidity!

Grabbing my clothes from the ground, I quickly put on my underwear before tip-toeing out of his room. Walking into a hallway of velvet rugs and the smell of fresh-baked bread, I threw on my dress as quickly as possible, before sprinting out of the area. I didn't even put on my shoes till I had found a bus stop to catch a ride in.

You know walk of shame, try ride of shame. The bus was full of people going to work this morning, I and was still wearing a tight reveal dress with the smell of money and liquor stuck on me. I have failed as a person at this moment. Luckily for me, the hit spot wasn't that far.

The Hit spot is where all the workers get off to get to their jobs. The Hit spot was three stops from my home, once the bus had stopped near my apartment, I bolted out the door. By the time I was at the door, it was nearly 8 Am! I was late for the officer!

"Fuck the officer," I muttered as I take off my dress then head to the shower. I sent a text to Kamei and informed him that I would be skipping work today. Best to avoid all contact with my work today, especially after last night. Goddamit Kambe!!

(What happened, 15 hours earlier)

"I think you look wonderful in that." The tall raven-haired cop chuckled as I walked out of the dressing room. The idiot before dragged my ass to an all expensive clothing store! Half of the clothes in this place is worth more than what I make in a week. But oh no, my local clothing store brand would be an insult to the place were going too.

"Why can't I just wear my one-piece suit, I look good in it," I growled as I stared at myself in the mirror. The dress he had found so attractive was sparkly gold silk halter top that reached practically to the floor. I was wearing heels the clothes off the floor though. Good thing it has a slit on the side that was nearly close to my thigh! Frankly, though, I was more worried about my breast. This thing hanged low, meaning no support for my chest.

"Because the place we're going is one of class. Not some dime-dollar place that fries all the food in motor-oil." Kambe responded to me.

"Burger King made you puke once, get over it." I growled as I walked over toward him. Looking over at that clock nearby and saw that it was 6 o'clock. We were running late to this big fancy party. Looking back at Kambe, I could see that he was getting annoyed by my wasting time and looking for a dress.

"You agreed to this days ago when I helped you out with your rent. Now its time to pay the piper. So hurry up so that we can go." He tells me. It's true, my landlord decided to be a dick to me and raise my rent. I couldn't sue the guy either since no one else in my building wanted to get on his bad side. I was complaining to my friends at work about this and Diasuke went over and fixed the problem. I didn't know until a week later when he showed up at my apartment and gave the lease to my new home. It was cheaper too!

I offered to pay him back in full, but he told me that I would never be able to pay him back in money. So instead he waited two months, then dragged my ass everywhere today! First, he came to my apartment and told me that I had the day off because informed Kiyomizu that I was sick. Then after breakfast, he takes me to a spa where they deep cleaned my body of nearly every dead skin I didn't know that was still on my body. After that, he took me to a beauty shop to get my hair, nails, and face done. After that, we had lunch and now we had just left a mall for rich people gathering all the items needed to make me look like a high and pricy.

"Fine, let's get this one. I will go change." I tell him, his eyes light up a bit before giving me a smirk.

"Gather your clothes, keep the dress on." He orders me. At this point, I had to listen to what he said. This is a fancy party with his fancy friends are all at with their money.

"Let's go." He ordered as the register lady nods her head at him. She then turns to me and muttered disgusting words that nearly made me puke on this 50,000 dollars dress.

"Lucky whore." She muttered. She thought I was a whore!? I might as well be in this outfit! By the time I had gotten into his car, I started to finally ask the questions that I should have asked earlier.

"So, what type of party is this?" I asked finally as I put in my new earrings. Diamonds may be a girls best friends, but their also a robber's most targets jewel.

"My parent's 50th anniversary, they're having a charity event to celebrate their love." He responded. Wait a minute, he has parents!? I thought he was mad in a lab!

"You are taking me to see your parents?" I asked.

"Yes, my siblings and many family friends, as well as business partners and investors will be there. Try to act like a lady." He tells me. Oh my god, why didn't I just move? It would have been easier! But no, I had to complain!

"Try not to embarrass me in front of everyone."

"You can kiss the fatass part of my ass." I tell him, only for him to smirk at me.

"Bend over and I can do much more than that." He chuckles to me. We have been working for two years straight, and although we aren't officially partners, we've been through a lot. So much so that the organization just randomly puts us together for missions all the time. Plus this asshole always buys out his partners, so I am stuck with him.

"How long are we staying?"

"Three hours, four tops." He explained. "You are going to be surrounded by the wealthiest people in the entire world. I expect you on your best behavior."

"Why?" I asked.

"If all goes well, then you might be getting a bonus in your next paycheck." He tells me, as always it about the money! That's all there is to this prick, money this and that. Why he became a police officer, I will never understand.