{1} Too Close For A Day Ruined

I smile blissfully as the strawberry ice cream cake melts in my mouth. My taste buds live for anything with strawberries in it. Yep, you got that right. I have a strawberry obsession. I love strawberry ice cream, starberry cake, strawberry ice cream cake, strawberry shortcake, strawberry...well you get the idea.

I smiled as my other friends, Alhana and Alyssa, looked as though they were in heaven. ''You should have your birthday more often, Alice.'' Alyssa said while trying to keep the cake in her mouth. All of us, including my mom, laughed.

I spoon my last bit of cake in my mouth, and swallow quickly. ''Hey, you guys want to go to Starbucks? It'll make us feel more like adults,'' I looked at Alhana as I say that. She's the only one out of us three that wants to grow up. Even though I love birthdays, I particularly hate that I have to grow up. And from now on, until my next birthday, I have to live with the fact that I'm 15 years old. I hate that thought. Anyway, I get up and wipe my mouth with a napkin. Alhana does the same. Alyssa looks up at us, then looks at the rest of the cake. I laugh again.

''Don't worry, Aly. It'll be here when we get back. Now come on!'' I pull on her arm and she reluctantly gets up. My mom smiles. ''Do you girls want some money just in case?'' She's already walking towards her purse. I smile widely. I say,'' Sure,'' as Alhana and Alyssa say the exact same thing at the same time, ''Hell yeah!!'' My mom chuckles softly. She gives us twenty dollars each and says,'' Have fun! And be back before 5! It's 10 now, so we have about 7 hours. See? My mom's awesome like that.

''Sure, thanks, Mom. Love ya!'' I grab my purse and my friends and head out.

**********

I start leading my friends down my street as Alyssa brings up a topic that I like to avoid.

'' Hey, doesn't Owen live on the next street? We should go visit him!'' She squeals. She likes him. I hate him. Alhana hates the fact that Alyssa likes him.

''Yes and no we are most definitely not going to visit him.'' I say sternly.

''Visit who?''

I jumped and screamed so freaking loud, I'm pretty sure the whole neighborhood heard me.

I look behind me and see Owen standing there with an amused look on his face. Alyssa and Alhana looked as if Josh Hutcherson appeared before them. It's ridiculous.

I give him a look of hatred.

''What the hell do you want?''

''Touchy.'' He smiles. ''Nothing, just saying hi.''

I look at him suspiciously.

''What are you doing here?''

''Is it not obvious?''

Only then do I look down and see the most adorable puppy looking up at me.

''Awwww,'' I start to coo then remember who he/she belongs to and clear my throat. ''I mean, whatever. I've seen cuter.'' Alyssa and Alhana giggle while Owen laughs out loud.

I scowl.

''Whatever. Alyssa, Alhana, and I have to go somewhere so if you'll excuse us,'' I pull on both of their arms.

''Can I come?''

I say, ''No,'' while Alyssa squeals, ''YES!'' Alhana just gives Alyssa an evil glare.

I glare at Alyssa. ''No, you may not come because it is my birthday and I would like to enjoy it with the people I actually like,''

''Oh well, happy birthday! See ya,'' He waves them turns back around.
Thank god.

Well, at least that's over with.

---_---_---_---_---_---_---_---_---_---_---_---_---_---

Hey Readers!!!

This is my first book that I'm publishing, so please please please be nice!

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know! :)

XOXO TeaShop

P.S. Lucy Hale is Alice.