x

I swallowed hard as Valora, Metallia and I slowly made our way up the steps to Lord Hordak's throne. He sat there, his signature scowl on his face, glaring down at us with complete and utter disaproval.

Our footsteps echoed amongst the vast, dark room that was the throne room. Valora's head was bowed nervously, while Metallia still bore her same, childish smile. We reached the top of the stairs, the three of us staring into Lord Hordak's crimson eyes.

"Force Captain, it seems your experiment has failed." Hordak growled, drumming his sharp fingertips against the metal armrest of his throne. "On the contrary, the experiment was a huge success." Metallia piped up colloquially. "I know more about First Ones now then ever before. This is just the beginning." She promised with a naive smile.

"I got us closer to conquering Bright Moon than anyone ever has." I growled with bared fangs. "Not to mention the Whispering Woods is still in ruins. Etheria is ours for the taking." I narrowed my eyes at him, unrest stirring in my chest at his lack to see the bigger picture. The assault on Bright Moon failed, but the Horde hasn't made a move like that in years. We were tantalizing seconds from victory. And then Erian—

I swallowed again.

Lord Hordak suddenly stood up, keeping his gaze fixated on me. He walked over, not making a sound as he seemed to analyze my words.

"Very well, Force Captain." Hordak sighed. "You will have other chances to prove your worth to me..."

"As my second-in-command."