Prologue

Just because there's no war doesn't mean there's peace. I'm a little crowbar stuck between giant wheels, all that's left is me to stop this circling chaos. Quench the flames. Disarm the blind soldiers. Catch the arrows of wrath...

My sight was blurred, and my hearing became rigid. I think an artillery shell just exploded near me, but I was very lucky I survived the explosion. My instincts took over and I got up to my feet immediately. For a moment, I forgot my reason to fight this war, and it left me very numb, I couldn't feel anything. My brain felt like it melted before a blazing fire.

A memory flashed back into my mind until I felt I was daydreaming. I was back in Vanaheim, in our castle with my Dad. He was beside me, lecturing me about what past kings had done greatly for the kingdom of the Vanir gods. I could hear him say while he pat my shoulders, "This was your Grandfather's Grandfather, and he was the one who united the Vanir gods, and brought peace upon the war between the Aesir, and the Vanir. He looks exactly just like you, Sparks."

Everything in my daydream felt so surreal. I wished I could stay there forever, with my Dad. My Dad died on the hands of Loki, the Evil Trickster. He was just seeking to bring peace back then, though he knew he couldn't negotiate with an evil god. He still had his hopes, and eventually, his hopes brought him down. It killed him. His hope for peace killed him.

The thought of him dying without even fighting back made my nerves go on fire, and I recovered my senses.

I got back to reality.

A skeleton soldier tried to attack me with a black Stygian sword, but I managed to counter it, I and sliced it's head off.

"Nice Luck I got there," I muttered to myself.

I shoved my way through the pack of evil wolves, slicing, and dicing through them. The wolves howled, and screamed in wolf-language as I sliced their bodies, and their throats like it's nobody's business. The last wolf let out a battle cry as I vaporized it with my Star-Fire Spell.

"That's the last of Fenris' Children!" I shouted.

By the way, Fenris was one of Loki's most powerful children. He was meant to devour the gods at Ragnarok, and I was doing my best to keep him from doing that.

Fenris was next in line after I slew his last child, and he finally revealed his true form. He was a very massive, large, big, and enormous wolf with them damn glowing red eyes. Yikes, I thought, Never expected that coming.

He howled so loud that it echoed throughout the mountains of Vanaheim, and it sent a lot of chills to my spine. I almost peed on my elfish pants.

He smiled mischievously like a warlord who just sliced the head of his enemy, and I saw his large fangs that seemed to be sparkling with electricity.

"You foolish elf." He said in a wolfish massive voice. "You think you can defeat me."

"Not a scratch will you bestow upon me!" He added.

He raised his arm, and from there I saw his massive wolf claws.

At first, I thought I was dead meat. That was it. All we fought for would be nothing, just like how my Dad ended up. I could pick now how I would die. By the fangs, by the claws, or by being crushed down, or I could just kill myself right now.

"No," I thought. "I won't give up."

I only stood one chance against him, and it was sacrificing myself to myself and to my world. I will have to give up my immortal soul to release a destructive power that could destroy Fenris, and even a god. IT was just temporal, and for it to last for a thousand years would be my luck, but I gotta have faith.

The rune of Thunder grew heavy in my pendant, and I knew it was telling me I needed its power now if I choose to win.

I promised Scarlet I would never use it. She would kill me if I do, but time isn't a friend right now. I don't know what would happen to my soul if I do this, whether I will vanish forever, or I will be reincarnated as a mortal.

I used my Messenger Rune to tell Scarlet I wouldn't be home for dinner, or for tomorrow, or maybe forever. I told her to find my new self if I will be reborn, and to lead my path to delay Ragnarok as far as I can.

Using my last willpower, I commanded the rune of Thunder to take my soul as its fuel, and the last thing I saw was millions of thunder bolts hitting Fenris, and him screaming wolf-style. Trust me I've heard one. Then, I died, probably.