1. New start

Harry's pov:
It was finally the day I've been waiting for, the first day of uni. A chance to finally be independent and not have to live by my parents rules. I have a good relationship with my parents, don't get me wrong. There's just something appealing about the thought of getting to be an adult.

I am a bit nervous about the thought of having a new roommate though. Who wouldn't be cautious of sharing a living space with a stranger but I guess they'll be feeling the same. Hope fully we'll get along. I can't see why we wouldn't. Unless they're a complete knob.

The thought of all the people and the classes makes me nervous too. But I'm also excited to finally get to do what I want. I'm going to miss home though, mostly my family and friends.

I'm looking out of the car window as my kind wanders, clearly not paying attention because we're suddenly at my university.

My mum and I take walk up to the reception with some boxes in our arms. After getting my information about my room we make out way there. Around 5 minutes later I only have one box left to take up.

"This is it, my baby is leaving me" my mum turned to me and stated. "Please stop being dramatic mum" I signed and giggled. "Alright, but I expect a call at least once a week. Don't you forget about us mister." I was going to miss my mum so much. "As if I ever could" I replied with a smile.

After I'd said goodbye to my mum I carried my last box up to my room. There was no one in the room already so I had to chose a side. I put way to much thought into this desicion. In the end I decided on the left side.

I started to unpack and around 30 minutes in I heard someone coming in. I looked up so see a guy with light brown hair, bright blue eyes, slightly tan skin and was quite short.

"Hi, you must be harry" he said with a smile. He seemed nice at least. I knkw its wrong to judge based on appearance but he didn't look scruffy or anything.

"Yeah, nice to meet you" I went to shake his hand. "I'm Louis" he replied. "I decided to take the left side, is that okay?" I was suddenly nervous. "Yeah, not bothered". I knew I had been  overreacting about it.

We continued to unpack in a somewhat comfortable silence. When I had finished and noticed he was still unpacking I offered to help him, which he politely accepted. He had a lot of band photos of what I assumed he was family.

I took this as a good sign that he's caring and therefore not a bully or just a horrible person.

After all of his belongings were unpacked he turned to me. "I'm going to go find a coffee shop or something, want to come with me? Be a chance to get to know eachother. Which we should probably do considering were gonna be living together" He said with a slight chuckle. He a a valid point. "Yeah, sure" and with that we grabbed our coats and left.

"So what are you studying?" I asked as we were walking down the corridor. "Um performing arts and English literature" he answers. "Oh that's cool I'm studying English language too" I reply. "Hey we might be in the same class!" He smiles "Are you studying anything else or...?" He asks. "Oh yeah psychology and biology" I reply.

He nods as we continue to walk out of the building. "What do you want to be then?". "A therapist or something in that field" I respond "You?". "Anything to do with performing really". We continued to walk and make small talk as we walked around town looking for a cafe of some sort.

I learnt that he lived around half an hour away, however still decided to move out for space and independence, due to having 6 siblings that I can't remember the names of. I completely understand wanting to be independent though.

I quickly learned that Louis was quite open and chill, which I was greatful for. It made everything a lot less awkward.

After about an hour of walking and talking we came across what appeared to be a cute little coffee shop. The exterior was a pale turquoise with flowers dotted over the walls. It had a quaint little spring vibe which I liked.