from the start.

i had always dreamt of becoming an actress, as a child i would always perform for my parents leaving them astonished by what i did.
At age 15 i decided to tell my mom about my dream, i saw an ad on facebook by some company by the name "the industry network" they were coming to a town an hour away from me. she laughed at me and said "only if they come into town. if they don't then i'm not taking you anywhere." i sighed but i was determined. determined to follow my dreams, no matter how difficult the road may be. days passed by, i scrolled through facebook and saw another ad by the same company, getting sad i clicked it. it said it was coming to my city! i took a screenshot of it and sent it to my mom, begging her to take me. she didn't reply. once she got home from work i went up to her and asked if she had seen the screenshot, "yes." she mumbled as she washed the dishes. i asked her what she thought of it and what she had told me days prior. she just shook her head, seeing how i was determined and would not shut up until she listened to me. she finally gave in, i told her the date and everything. i had a week to prepare, in that week i could not focus on school was mentally preparing myself for what was to come that saturday. i quickly began looking at scripts they had sent to my email and began reading through them, i chose a tj-max. my first ever audition. i jumped up from bed and began acting it out, it was a quick little commercial. i sighed as i sat on the floor, contemplating wether or not this was really worth it, my future came to mind. me, standing in front of a camera, the lights right on me and me doing what i loved; acting. i quickly stood back up and everything around me was gone, i was in the moment. i saw myself through the mirror, my curly hair was bothering me. "no one would want me if i have curly hair, my hairs always messy." i thought, i began straightening it, feeling empowered by what that straightener did.
saturday comes around.
my nerves kick in.
i drove to the location they put on the ad, a nervous wreck i was. my heart rate accelerated. but i was determined. i walked in with my little brother and my mother, the hotel clerk leading us to the way. i walked inside, seeing a lot of people, my heart sunk. i started doubting myself. "what am i doing here?" i thought, looking around and seeing people prettier than i was, taller, slimmer. i put that all out of my head as my mom snapped me out of it, patting on my back as she told me where to sit. great. next to the prettiest girl in the room. i sighed, smiling at the girl and excusing myself as i walked in front of her. i looked in front of me, a man in his late 40's early 50's, looked good for his age. my mom looked at me, "he's very good looking." she whispered to me,