Chapter 1

Olivia POV

"Olivia, wake up you ass. Go tend your patients. It's already 7.30 a.m. You don't want to be late right?" Lea, my housemate trying to wake me up.

"I'll be up at.....5 more minutes. I'm tired." I said to her as I felt very tired. It's not easy to be a psychologist. Plus, I worked overtime last night.

"Well then, I got to go first. Goodbye Olie. Make sure to eat your breakfast." Lea said to me patting my head.

I love being a psychologist of course. I didn't mean to ditch my work. It's just a very shocking news that has been told to me. And I must go there as soon as possible.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!! For what they want me to be there? Can't they just take other psychologist who is maybe braver than I am???" I shouted into my pillow. Yeahh. I was totally frustrated.

Carandi Prison.
Did they expect me to go there willingly? That place is scary. I absolutely sure that the rumours that I have heard is only half or maybe quarter of it. I just didn't want to feel trapped or cannot do anything on my own.

Flashback

Freddie, senior in psychologist department asked me to go into his room. It was supposed to be my rest actually but I don't really enjoy eating at other places. I love my housemate's cooking so we spend most of the time cooking rather than eating out.

Knock knock

"Hey, Olivia. I have been waiting for you." Freddie said to me as he saw me walking into his room. He pished up his glasses while looking at a letter maybe intensely.

"Yeah, Freddie. What's the matter?" I asked feeling curious on why he suddenly wanted to meet me. I'm not really a loud person so insted of talking and gosipping around, I prefer to analyse my patients' conditions. So that explains that I'm an introvert.

"I actually don't have any choice in this matter. The upper staffs have been voting on you as you are well-known for your ability and credibility in handling the patients. I.. I can't really explain this but I think this explains." He gave me a letter. I would be lying if I said that I was not nervous at all.

I stared at the letter. My eyes became wide as I kept on reading the letter.

"Are you serious? Freddie..." I said begging slowly.

"I'm sorry Olie but I know that it is not safe there and knowing that you are the chosen one to go there doesn't make my mind at ease at all. Listen Olie. Just finish your work there. As long as you treat the prisoner there, you can come back as soon as possible. I will make sure to ask them to look after you by strengthening the safety there." He said silently but confidently to convince me to believe in him.

"O-okay Fred. I just want to end this quickly. I will be missing my normal life for a while." I said while laughing to ease my heart. I just could not bring myself down like this.

I stared back at the letter while thinking of my future.

End of flashback

I got ready to go to work as soon as possible. I put on some lipbalm to my lips and blow dry my hair. To treat patients until they recover is my passion. They bring hope in my life as they make me feel like I am capable in my life. It makes me feel like I am somebody.

I am usually quite so I don't really have a lot of friends but Lea is alreday enough for me. I would do anything for her as she is so precious. I would even call her my family. I don't have a wonderful childhood. I have been independence since I was a child.

I walked into the building as I arrived at my workplace.

"Hey, Olivia." Rae, the receptionist, greets me.

"Morning, Rae." I bid a morning to her. She is a lovely girl.

I went into my room and sat on my chair, getting comfortable for a while. I looked on my journal to check my patients today.

Hmmm, tomorrow I will be going to Carandi Prison.

I sighed thinking about that.

"Olivia! Stop overthinking about that. Nothing can happen to you. There are a lot of guards there. No worries." I said that to ease my mind that won't stop overthinking.

Knock knock.

I looked at Freddie and saw him looking at me smiling widely.

"Hey, Olie."

"Heyy, Fred."

"Olie, I was thinking of letting you go early for today as you must be busy to pack some items for tomorrow. Don't worry about your patients, I have someone to take over. You should really go and ease your mind. You do look like you need one." He said while winking at me.

"Thanks a lot Fred. You really make my day."I smiled at him. He is really a good boss and very understanding.

"You may go now. Time is running. Spend your time with doing whatever you want. Shoo shoo." Fred said while kicking me out of the office.

"You are really kicking me out ouch." I said while laughing. Then I went out and decided that it is best to go and pack my luggage for tomorrow. It won't be a while trust me because they must have a very wicked and evil or thrashed mind to be doing the crimes. This is Carandi Prison that we are talking about.

The prison is well-known for having the most evil criminals.

AN
Edited. Please give support❤