One Shot

"Hi, please take a seat and may I know your problem?" Yibo said with his back facing the patient as he poured tea into two cups.

"Doctor Wang, I think... I am impotent..."

Yibo immediately halted the pot in his hand and turned around. Despite wearing a mask, Yibo knows this voice and body shape very well.

It is Xiao Zhan, his fellow doctor psychiatrist. Yibo finished pouring the tea before heading to the couch. At first, Yibo thought that it might have been a joke.

However, knowing that Xiao Zhan took half a day off, Yibo knew it was serious. Xiao Zhan, a hardworking and serious doctor, doesn't play around when it comes to his patients.

Seeing the mask, Yibo knows Xiao Zhan came in today as a patient. "Sit, please" Yibo pointed to the couch, knowing it would be a long talk.

Yibo heard Xiao Zhan take a deep breath and smiled "Can you explain more about your situation?"

Xiao Zhan nodded "I have done tests and the results comes out saying nothing is wrong. And I know what the problem is"

Yibo nodded his head and Xiao Zhan continued "I had a trauma when I was very young. That's also the reason why I learn psychiatry. I thought that I could understand my problem and treat it myself"

"Hm,... and you couldn't? What pushed you to come down for a session?" Yibo asked, feeling very curious yet hoping it was within the boundaries Xiao Zhan set.

"Recently... my boyfriend has hinted wanting to move to the next level and I just kind of rejected him... We ended up on bad terms?" Xiao Zhan said quietly.

Yibo raised his brows for a moment then nodded "Okay, would you like to tell me about your trauma?"

*Trigger Warning: Abuse/Rape/Violence

Xiao Zhan nodded and took a deep breath "When I was 12, my mother passed away and a year later, my father became a drunkard and an alcoholic.

He started beating me but one day, I don't know why but he... he raped me... And that was the start of everything...

He raped me more often than not and he even started bringing people to... to do the same... for money.

I hated it but I couldn't do anything. This continued for 4 years and one day, he came back late, forgetting to chain me up.

The moment I could walk, I ran out. Thankfully my adoptive family found me and they are kind enough to support me through school and hence I studied psychiatry.

I gradually got used to touches and I thought I was doing fine but recently, my boyfriend kisses me and pushes me down. I can't help but remember those events.

But I love and want to go further with my boyfriend so I tried my best to shake it off. However, I can't shake off the feeling of... being dirty... and used..."

Yibo heard sobs from Xiao Zhan but didn't know if he should comfort him or not. He would never touch a patient even if it was to comfort him or her.

Yibo held his hand back "It's fine. You are doing great. See? You wanted to solve your problem. I believe it is right for you to come for this session. I'll definitely help you"

Xiao Zhan took off his mask and Yibo knew he wanted to be comforted. Seeing Xiao Zhan's red eyes with tears dripping down his face made his heart clench.

Immediately, Yibo went over and hugged Xiao Zhan tightly. "Zhan, I'm sorry, I didn't know. I'm sorry"

Xiao Zhan shook his head as he cried harder. Yibo pat his back, feeling a lump in his throat. He then separated Xiao Zhan from him "Zhan, do you know why I asked you to be my boyfriend?"