c h a p t e r 1

Y/N POV
I was running late for my plane ride back home, yet again. Lately it seemed like everywhere I went I was already running behind. As I threw open the doors into the airport, I quickly double tapped on my earbuds to change the song. I had all my songs on shuffle but it still seemed like I was only getting Alec Benjamin songs. Not that I was complaining though. As the first notes of Annabelle's Homework played, I gave my ticket to the friendly looking woman at the counter. She looked at my flustered self and gave me an odd look, probably wondering why I was so late. Once getting through all the boring security, I sat down while I waited for my flight.

I pick up my phone to scroll through Instagram, only to realize that what I thought said 8:00 actually said 6:00. I groan aloud and hit my forehead. It was actually the perfect time to arrive, but the stress I had caused myself by not being able to read a clock was insane. No wonder that lady looked at me so weird. "I guess I have some time to kill" I say to myself.

"Sorry what's that?" Says the guy next to me as he sits down. My jaw drops and oh my god oh my god oh my god, it's Alec freaking Benjamin.

"Uh hi!!" I squeak out, "I'm uhhh... a big fan!! Like I was literally just listening to your music."

"Awh, that's really cute." He smiles at me and oh my his eyes are so gorgeous and I could melt right now.

"Can I-I mean could we take a photo together?" I ask him while blushing like crazy, cause it seems like I can't talk correctly all of a sudden.

"Of course."

I pull out my phone and throw up a peace sign, my go to pose. "Thank you so much!! It was lovely meeting you." I say as I walk away, not quite sure where I was going.

"Hey, weren't you sitting here?" I hear him call after me.

I turn around, "yeah, but I really wouldn't want to be a bother." And I mean this honestly, because if I were him I definitely wouldn't want to sit beside some obsessed fan. Not that I was obsessed or anything-

He cuts off my spiralling "you really wouldn't be, it'd be nice to have someone to talk to while I wait for my flight."

I walk back and sit down in the same seat I was just moments before. "I just want to say that you are so talented, and I appreciate your songs so much. Like I seriously love the message behind every single one so much and it's just you seem to be such a caring guy and wow you shouldn't have to be put through anything bad because you really don't deserve it and-" I cut myself off. "Wow I sound way too much like a crazed fan. Sorry about that."

"It's all good, it's actually nice to hear about how you feel while listening to my music."

"That's good." I give him a smile, "However, I think I blew my chance of being the girl who is reading her book while you walk in..."

"And then when I lock eyes with you, we both feel this spark so I start a conversation with you and then surprise! You have no clue who I am?" He adds with a smile.

"Yeah don't forget the part where I say something super quirky to make you fall for me."

"I think you just did." He mumbles then quickly changes the subject. "Anyways, where are you headed?"

"I'm going back home to Phoenix to visit my family. What about yourself?"

"Weirdly the exact same as you, but you probably knew that already because your my biggest fan or whatever." Alec teases.

"If I say I didn't know that, then my status of being your biggest fan would be lowered, so for the sake of keeping the title, let's say I knew that."