PART 1

You were about to go to a book exhibition and you were waiting outside for your friend reading the brochure. You always had a love for books from high school.

You saw a little girl in a beautiful frock running and playing. For some reason you thought that she was familiar. Before you could think, 'ding' your mobile went off, "Hey girl! I am sorry I can't go with you today", your friend texted you.

"Ah.. this girl", you thought to yourself. Your eyes searched for the girl she was running and playing in her own world.

But she fell suddenly, you ran to her and lifted up. "Are you okay?", you asked. She was about to cry, her lips were pouting.

"It's okay", you caressed her cheeks. "Mina! You should have been careful", a man's voice came towards you. The little girl blinked twice and ran into his arms.

When he was about to tell thank you, he was surprised so you were. "Y/n!" "Namjoon!!!", you said in surprise.

Flashback

It was high school first year. You all were in your class. But a new boy came transferred to your school. He seemed handsome but he was quiet.

He introduced himself as Namjoon. He got your attention. He would sit diagonally in front of you. So you would always steal glances from him intentionally or unintentionally.

He surprised everyone in the class in the first test. He became the class topper.

You all were shocked. You were already crushing on him but never got the courage to confess to him. He would go to the library everyday after school.

You just went to see him, that is where you got interested in books too. You guys shared a few moments talking in class or library, but other than that nothing else happened. He was your highschool crush, with that your chapter got over.

End of Flashback

"How are you y/n?", he asked. "I am fine Namjoon, how about you?",you politely asked. "I am fine too and this is my daughter Mina", he said. The little girl cutely gave a handshake to you.

"He got married already, but he is still handsome'', you thought. "I could see that you are still into books", you said smiling. "Yes, Uhm Are you waiting for someone?", he asked.

"No. I am about to go in", you said. "Come with us", Mina suddenly spoke. You smiled and said," I would love too. But...", you saw Namjoon. "I am sorry for that, but she is a stubborn girl", he said a little awkwardly.

"Please come with us Y/n shii", she whined. You agreed right away. You and Namjoon spoke about a lot of things, discussed books.
You both bought books of your interest.

These were more matured talk, not like high school where you shared those shy moments. You went into the kids story book section and Mina also seemed to be a reader like Namjoon.

Exiting the exhibition hall, you said,"Okay Mina! It was nice meeting you and you too Namjoon, now I got to go." Namjoon asked,"Can you join us for lunch y/n? It's lunch time anyway."

"Yes! Please do come, I like you very much", she pouted. You couldn't say no to that cute face. You all went to a decent restaurant and you even fed Mina. She seemed to like that. You were giggling with her. Namjoon was just eating while adoring the view.

"Is it delicious?",you asked. "Yes, Mommy",she said. You were taken aback. Namjoon immediately apologized, "She misses her mother whenever she sees her aged women, right from the day she passed away", he sighed.

"I am sorry", you said in a low voice. Later you all told goodbye to each other. "She is very beautiful, dad", Mina told Namjoon on her way back. He smiled at her. "After all these years!'', you both thought at the same time.