road work ahead

A tired young man was heading home from work. His hands held the steering wheel loosely while his head buzzed with thoughts of the day.

   Karen had been a bit much that day, she wouldn't stop going on about how vaccines cause damage, then there was Kevin, he wouldn't shut up about government conspiracies, and Richard- oh God Richard.

   It was all too much. He took a deep breath in and sighed. "What am I going to have for dinner tonight?" In his mind he tried to remember what substanance he had at home. There was definitely some cheese, maybe he could make a sandwich? No no that doesn't sound very appetizing. God what am I going to eat.

   His thoughts quickly shifted to sleep, god he couldn't wait to go to bed. His entire body craved sleep. Maybe he could just skip dinner? I mean it's not THAT important.

   Fuzzily, he fantasized about how he would strip into his pajamas. The hair on his arm brushing against the sheets. The blanket would wrap around his body, sealing him off from the outside world. It's be warm, it'd be safe.

   He closed his eyes with a smile, not paying attention to the signs and trees flying by his window. Everything would be so amazing.

   It felt as if his body was floating. He felt peaceful. The lights and yelling couldn't bother him here. Nobody could.

   The car carelessly sunk into the river, water quickly flooded in. The road ahead did not work.

Do you want more?