Flashback

"Kristen!"

"KRISTEN!"

The sound of my dad yelling out my name while fighting for his life still echoes through my head. The blood running down his face as he struggles to catch up with the vehicle through the deserted street. I could do little but watch him. I had no other choice. I could not look away.

In my mind, I tried to memorize every single detail of him. Not knowing when we would meet again, I did not want to lose any memory of my dad. My hero. My best friend.

Just thinking about this brought a fresh wave of tears to my eyes. I was amazed at how much I'd cried. I was exhausted. I could not fight back any more. My captors had bound me securely making it unable to move my body and my mouth. I let my face drop down to drown in my sorrow.

I did not know after how long I looked up, but when I did, my dad was not to be seen anymore. He was not running after us anymore. I pressed my tear-stained face against the tiny glass window in the back of what looked like a van. No, he would not just let me be taken. He would not give up, I kept thinking to myself as I started to panic.

A moment later, the tyres of the van screeched and began to spin out of control. I remember being thrown back and forth in the back of the van like a rag in a washing machine. The masked man who was with me in the back called out to the driver asking what the hell just happened. As he said this, I could notice the slight tingle of anxiety in his voice.

I remember it all. I remember the way the driver banged his hands on the steering wheel. I remember the way the person next to him cried out "Damn it, Luke!" I remember the person in the back with me frantically asking about what had happened.

I remember being conscious until the driver had said: "It's the bitch's dad. I didn't see him at first. He's got himself run over by us."

Yes, I remember it all. Upto the point where my heart could not take it anymore. Even though it's just a memory.