Chapter 1

It was a warm summer night in August. Cas and Dean were hanging out in the grass fields close to their houses, only a mile away from each. Dean drove them in his Impala, which was so clean you could see reflections of the starry sky.

"Dean, can I ask you something?" Cas said looking into the starry midnight sky.

"Knock yourself out." Dean said as he took a sip of his beer.

"Do you ever wonder what it must be like to be truly in love?" Cas asked, looking at Dean briefly before turning away.

"No, not really." He threw his empty bottle as far as he could, and waited to hear the smashing noise before continuing. "It's one of the things I really don't think about that often. The only time I do is when it's in a family way, not as in being in love with somebody."

Cas sighed and looked back up at the sky. "Dean I think you should find somebody. I mean, we start school tomorrow. Maybe you'll meet somebody." He thought about doing what he'd been wanting to do for so, so long. He loved Dean, and didn't want to tell him because he was afraid he wouldn't even talk to him anymore.

"I'm not gonna search, so I probably won't." Dean said with a sarcastic smile. He reached for another bear, but he was out. "Shit, I'm out of beer." He said with a sigh. "Alright, let's go."

Cas moved to the driver door as Dean tried to. "You just drank four beers, you sure you can drive?"

"Yes Cas, I can still drive. I'm not even drunk."He opened the door and took his seat behind the wheel. "Besides, nobody drives this car other then me."

"You won't even let your dad use it to try to get Sam driving early." Cas said as he got in the passenger door.

"Are you fuckin' crazy?" Dean said laughing. "The little bastard will total this thing." He put the keys in the ignition and started to drive down the main road.

"I guess yeah." Cas said, smiling. Deans laugh just made him feel so happy and he didn't know why.

"Well, here we are." Dean said stopping outside of Castiels house. He noticed the lights were off. "Parents not home?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"No they left me a-" he didn't feel his key in his pocket. "Shit!" He whispered to himself angrily.

"What?" Dean asked. "Loose your key?"

"Yea." Cas said pacing and whispering to himself. "I'm such and idiot. Where could they be where, where, where!

"If you  need to you can stay at my place." Dean said when he saw Cas panicking. "I have that air matress I could blow up and you could sleep on."

"Really?" Cas said brightly, stopping hus panic. He walked back to the car and got in. "Thank you so much Dean I would have had to break into my own house if you hadn't done this."

"It's cool." Dean said, starting the car again and driving towards his house.

"Can I just take a nap and you wake me up when we're there?" Cas asked, feeling his eyelids grow heavy.

"Sure Cas." Dean said with a slight smile. "Sleep. I'll wake you up when we get there."

"You're the best." Cas said, letting his eyes shut and allowing himself to drift of to sleep.