Chapter One

A repetitive, familiar sound disrupted the calm slumber I was in. The realm of dreams was ripped away from me as quickly as it had come. The loud sound continued until I was aware of what exactly it was. My alarm, of course. I sat up to reach the annoying buzzer, shutting it off. At once, sleep dragged me back into the covers of my comfortable bed.         

I was just about asleep again when I was awoken by the door of my bedroom being swung wide. Seven clicks of heeled shoes later and light came pouring in. Although my eyes were closed, I can still see the anger on my mother's face. I knew I should've gotten up, but I'm just so tired!         

Stretching underneath my covers, I opened my eyes slowly blinded by the rays of the early morning sun.       

 Sighing, my mother announced in an irritated tone, 

"Katelyn, how do you expect for me to believe you are responsible when you can't even get up for school?"        

Oh right, school. I was supposed to be going to a new school today. It wouldn't be the first time moving this school term either. My mother has made me move schools multiple times just due to her not liking it. I mostly liked all the schools I went to, but she felt like I wasn't getting enough serious education.         

"Katelyn, are you going to answer me?" asked my mother in an annoyed voice.       

 "Mmm," I mumbled underneath the sheets.         

"You know very well that isn't an answer" She put her hands on her hips.        

 Sitting up, I said, "Yes, ma'am."         

"Very nice now get dressed in the clothes that Marina gives you." She said as she left.       

   The maid, Marina walked in casually with neatly folded clothes in her hands. Not wanting to make my mother any angrier, I got up from the warm bed. Stretching once more, I looked at          Marina and she gave me a warm, sympathetic look. Marina is nice to me; she gives me chances to dress. At 16 years of age, I should at least be able to dress. I don't get any privacy around here.         

"Marina-" I started.         

 "Mhm." She nodded before stepping out of the room. Thank goodness she's so understanding.           

The mirror on my left shown my pale, freckled complexion and fiery, red hair. Looking at the clothes given to me, I picked up a cloth which looked to be a blouse. A uniform, of course. I am going to a private school. Although it wouldn't be the first private school, she still wondered what kind of school it would be like. And how long I'll stay...         

 After getting dressed in the horrid uniform, I made my way down the stairs to the dining hall. Breakfast was already made when I arrived. Perfect food lay on a perfect plate surrounded by perfect utensils on a perfectly set table. Everything here is... perfect. I'm not sure I like it. 

         I sat down at my dining chair, digging... elegantly into the food. If it were up to me I'd just grab some toast to munch on as I walk around the house in my pyjamas. But it's not up to me at all.      

   Packing up all the things I needed for my first day, I began my descent down the driveway fro my ride. Michael, our driver and Marina sat in the vehicle, awaiting my arrival. I apologized for being late and we set off to the school. Who knows how far away it is. 

       About fifteen minutes later, we arrived. It was a decently sized school with at least 3 courtyards and a high fence bordering it. A private school. I sighed and sunk deeper into my seat. Students in identical uniforms walked about the court, chatting. Michael parked and        Marina led me out of the vehicle into the looming building ahead.