Love grows after time [Illyana & Hideyoshi]

[Writer's note]
This is a tale of Princess Illyana and The Warlord Hideyoshi, years after they married, and finally starting to warm up to each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Illyana threw off her blanket and sat up, feet touching the wooden floor. She came to the conclusion that she simply could not fall asleep yet, despite her day being filled with many riotous incidents.

It was the first night at Hideyoshi's ally the War Lord Saihino's home, and Illyana had already been exposed to many sceptical and displeased looks from the locals, as well as direct insults from Saihino, the War Lord himself. Although Illyana had expected such reactions, since she was well aware that Temperian women were not looked at with fondness (Seeing how the common preconception for women of her homecountry in Ochõdu, was that they were frail, selfish and snobbish), she had still been surprised over the strong hostility for her among the people. And she certainly had not expected the War Lord Saihino to disrespect her so severely, seeing how he is at Hideyoshi's grace and mercy.

Perhaps she had simply forgotten the opposition that she had met when she first arrived to Mizugoudo, Hideyoshi's island and home, and that they now there had grown accustomed to her. While here on a new island with new people, she would have to make a greater effort to be accepted in their community and seem worthy of Hideyoshi. And even though Hideyoshi had lost his temper at Saihino and made it clear that Illyana was a part of him and his people, and would not approve of any ill feelings towards her, Illyana still felt somewhat ill at ease. Although very thankful for standing up for her, she knew that his word was not what would ensure her respect among the other Ochõdu people, and knew she would have to do her best to earn it herself.

Illyana gave out a big sigh and wrapped her plaid around her shoulders while standing up. It was still very warm, but also very damp in the air. Like the climate on all the Ochõdu islands usually are. She pondered if she would make her way to the kitchen and make a cup of tea, but came to think of the potential servants there, and conlcuded that she did not want to encounter any more uncomfortable situations for the day.

Illyana proceeded to put on her slippers and decided a short walk into the woods would do. She used to walk outside in the gardens in Tempera whenever she couldn't sleep, so taking up that old habit again would seem like a good idea. She carefully opened the door out to the hallway, and quitly sneaked down it. She hoped that she would not pass anyone on the way out. One hallway to the left and another to the right, and she reached the backdoor into the woods.

The island was a rather small one, and there were few animals bigger than Temperian rabbits, so she didn't worry about bringing any of Hideyoshi's guards with her. It was windless and warm, she wouldn't freeze with only her undergarments and long plaid. And a lantern was not needed either, since the island was knows for it's exaggerated amount of lightbugs. They had a similar kind back in Tempera too, but they could be hostile and burn people if one ventured too close, but these were harmless and gave out a cool and fairly bright light.

Illyana had been walking only a short distance, when she started feeling that the fresh but humid air only made her more clear in her mind, and not more sleepy. And started feeling a bit silly for thinking that it would help.

She was about to turn back when she heard something crack loudly in the distance. She turned around to the sound very startled. But there was nothing there. She figured it could not have been anything dangerous, maybe just a branch that broke or something, so she was about to keep on walking back when she heard another loud crack. Followed by several smaller ones.

She stood for a while, considering if it was worth going and investigating the noise or not. Overtaken by the curiousity, she started heading toward the sounds. She huffed out to herself, thinking that if it would've been any other of her sisters, she would've told them not to go and look, since it sounded distinctly like a sword hitting something. Surprised at her own realisation of pinpointing the cause of the sound, she came to wonder again if this was such a good idea after all.