chapter 1 | rockin' robin

We start this story with our protagonist,  Marilyn "Barbie" V, and her group of friends. After a long day crashing the movies and fixing up cars it was time for these kids to retire to their respective houses. Dakota the "leader" was quite tall, had long dark brown curly hair that was unkempt but brushed through when possible, and she also wore an abundance of leather and bandanas. She also had a butterfly tattoo that Fitz had designed on her neck, which she wore proudly. Though she was the youngest she proceeded the rest of the group in intelligence and common sense. She was charming yet still just as chaotic as the rest of them, using her looks and sky personality to her advantage. She had an alcohol problem that stemmed from years of stress and an addictive mindset. Dakota had a lot of problems at her home so she would usually crash with Barbie and Fitz, who had moved in together years prior. Barbie was the "baby" of the group, meaning everyone looked out for her and would do anything to keep her safe, as she couldn't do it for herself. She was medium height with shorter, messier, and slightly less curly brown hair. She kept to himself and in public was more on the shy and polite side but with the gang she was much much different. She wore a lot of sleeveless tee shirts and low cut tank tops, showing off her tan skin, riddled with tattoos. You could say dhe had an addictive personality which caused him to be "addicted" to certain things, one of those many things were tattoos. You would be dead before you caught that girl without some sort of injury, as she was the most clumsy in the group. Now Fitz is an interesting story, they ended up here because Birdie had to beat up their old ex, who they don't talk about anymore. Fitz was the shortest of them all and was constantly used as an arm rest or given head pats. Despite their height Barbie would argue that apart from Birdie, they were the most hardcore. They had overgrown but still short red hair, that was usually kept up with a headband they had made themselves from the sleeves of Barbie's shirts. They sported huge vintage glasses that made them kind of bug eyed, but everyone thought it was adorable. Their go-to look is a cropped band tee and a denim jacket with a fluffy white interior, paired with under-eye makeup that really made their intense blue eyes pop. Thats what Dakota would always point out first about Fitz, and what she found most attractive about them. Ah yes... they were a couple. Last but not least we have Birdie. Birdie was a very interesting character as well. She usually wore an oversized sweatshirt paired with a letterman jacket. Her chocolate brown hair was almost always up in a bun or low pony, covered with a beanie. She would also always be injured, but because she got in a lot of fights, she was basically the groups bodyguard. She was almost as tall as Dakota and had a stocky, strong, build. She had a bit of a smoking problem, but who didn't in the 50s. She was loud and reckless but was never afraid to be soft and caring when she needed to be. Let's just say because of her, the group got a lot of free stuff. They had all been friends for quite some time now and knew each other like the back of their hands. That's why everyone was suspicious when Barbie was just a little too quiet.