Chapter 1.

Eve. Wake up. I slowly open my eyes to see my dad walking into my bedroom with a plate of food. I turn to look at my phone and check my alarm, shit did I sleep through my alarm again?

"Looks like I have to wake you up again this morning," he says gently brushing my auburn hair out my face.

"Come on get up Freckles, I made your favorite, french toast." I sit up in my bed and look at the time. 11:40 crap I'm running late again. I jump out of my bed in a rush and grab a black tank top and my dad's old leather jacket, from his high school days, to change into.

"Thanks, Dad but I'm gonna be late for my lit class," I say as I kiss him on the forehead and frantically get ready.

"Okay, be careful on the road it's been raining all-day, Freckles," he yells after me. I giggle at the nickname he's called me since I was a kid and rush out the door to my car.

 I make it to class almost on time and sit through a lecture about Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra, but all I can think about is my night shift at the Ginger Tree. I've been working there for the past 4 months bartending. It's a good job for paying off my student loans and I'm pretty good at it but I hate dealing with the drunk people, especially ever since the accident.

After the class was over I went home to take a shower and put on make-up for work, it didn't hurt to try and get more tips from the old creepy guys at the bar. I put on a white lace short sleeve shirt under my dad's leather jacket with white converse and head to my car for the 20-minute drive to Ginger Tree.