Dearest Diary. Entry One

Dearest Diary,

Today, I tried. I tried to talk more, to laugh more, and to be more of a Presence in Class. The key word- I Tried. The truth is, I hid. I hid like I always do in company. I only talked to Tarin, who I had four out of 11 class periods with, and no one else. I saw Finley walking out of the school after 7th Period with Eron, her newest boyfriend /Vandalism Alibi but I didn't bother going after her. I bet most of the kids in school would be surprised if I talked to Finley, most people didn't even know Finley was my Sister.

I mean, you know we don't look alike. Me, with my long brown-black hair, almost reaching my waist when it's brushed out, and Finley, with her short dyed platinum blonde hair with black streaks. Me, with my long face and bright green eyes, and Finley, with her Heart shape face that if her hair wasn't 'different', she'd look like an angel with her ice blue eyes. I really wouldn't want to look like Finley though, because I know how so many people believed when she was little that she would be someone lovely one day, not someone who has rebelled against society since she was 11 and pushed my mom into letting her pierce her ears for second holes. Now, she has a nose stud, snake bites, a fake ID and I heard her talking about a tattoo once, but I'm still not sure if it's real or not.

After School, I hung out with Tarin, who barely talked, but guess who has a new sketch of her face to go with millions? Sometimes, Tarin goes into these almost childlike fits because of something her mother says that offends her and all she'll do is draw or sketch or paint. Atleast she's really good because I can't lie to her. I mean, we've been best friends since 2nd grade. We were sitting outside her house for the longest time with me JUST SITTING THERE, when Tarin's sister, Ashland, comes out and sneers at us, literally! It's a good thing they aren't related by blood, because Ashland's adopted. But she has somehow become accustomed to hating me, when she doesn't even have the brains to know my last name! When I got home, dad and Finley weren't talking, but throwing daggers with their eyes which meant that I had gotten home after a fight. I grabbed three cokes, a bottle of water, and an apple before departing to my room for the night. I never ate dinner with them; I barely ever ate dinner anyway. I sat down on my bed and did my little amount of homework that consisted of French and Algebra. I sucked at French and knew that I should have copied Tarin's when I had the chance. It was 19 o'clock, as I say it, so I texted her and she said that the Homework wasn't due for a couple of days and that I could copy it tomorrow. I did a sort of face-palm only I missed the first time and my hand hit my ear. Only I do those types of things. I did the only sensible thing when I was done with my Homework, which is that I took a nap. My Himalayan kitten, Kimmy, and my 3yr old black mutt, Sirius, both jumped on my bed within seconds of my eyes closing. Kimmy poked my arm which was guarding my face a couple of times before I cradled her in my arms and Sirius, being the perfect dog he is, curled up next to my legs, which were pulled up in a ball. I woke up at 11:30, with a major hunger. I looked around and saw that I had finished all of the cokes, water, and my apple had been devoured and sat in the heap that was my garbage pail. I grabbed my all-black zip-up sweat-shirt that I consider lucky and slung it over my shoulder because I had fallen asleep in my clothes, some almost-black skinny jeans and a black and orange Paramore Tee-Shirt. I grabbed my phone, iPod Nano and Wallet with my Key-Ring on it and walked casually out my front door. I think I might have been disappointed that Daddy hadn't noticed, but realized quickly how often Tarin must do it. I headed to my town, Alrick Height's, best Pizzeria which was open round the clock. I walked up to the counter and ordered a slice of cheese pizza, my favorite. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't live in New York. We have the best pizza, in my opinion.

And guess what I remembered while eating this godly-tasting Pizza? To write in you! So I ate it like it was on fire (Very Quickly), threw my pay on the counter, yelled to Roberto, the owner, a praise of thanks as always, and rushed home before midnight to write in you so be greatful! Now, I'm going to go to sleep and wish for graduation to come earlier...

Always Loving,  <3 Harper Reynolds