Preface

Since the day I was born I have had so many expectations placed upon me. Be the golden child that will surpass her parents and come out on top. Sounds easy, right? It would be if my parents were accountants or doctors but no, my parents' occupation is a little different. My parents are top secret agents for the government and the best in their field. Highest success rate, good work ethic, master in all weaponry and renowned in the office for being a legend. Cults, gang lords, terrorist and whatever bad guys you can name, they've taken them all down. Guess who is given the pressure to carry on their legacy? Lil ol' me...

So here I am standing in front of this metal hell hole I call a school so the system can shape me into the legacy my parents expect me to be. Don't get me wrong, I want to be an agent, but my parents' legacy puts a lot of pressure on me. Since I have a lot to live up to then it makes sense to attend the same school that they did in order to be the best of the best. The toughest teachers, the deadliest of weaponry, hardest lessons and lowest graduate rate. That's right, only a handful graduate and get recognized in the field. So, if you want to make a name for yourself then you must be the best. Bluewview Academy is where the greatest agents in history studied, so here I am.

I clenched my fist and took my first steps onto the Blueview property with determination in my heart. On the outside, the school didn't look out of the ordinary from other buildings in the city. You wouldn't even have guessed that the school was training young kids into potential weapons for the US government. The inside of the school was like the exterior. Pristine and organized. The walls were a bland grey color with silver lockers hugging the walls, voiding the place of any personality. The cleanliness of this place was insane for a school because I could look down and see my reflection in the tile. The hallways echoed of chattering and gossip from all the other students who seemed excited for their first day. I couldn't blame them because even though I tried to stay cool on the outside, I was brimming with excitement on the inside.

Glancing around I noticed a door that had "Main Office" written above the door. I remember mom mentioning needing to go there to see the principal so that I could get my schedule. Taking a deep breath, I grabbed the cold doorknob and entered. A lady with small blonde curly hair looked up at me from behind her desk with a smile. She looked petite from behind the desk, and I couldn't help but feel this nervousness bubble in the pit of my stomach. She had on a cute black and white suit that made her look like the agent on active duty.

"How can I help you, young lady?" she asked, showing me her pearly white teeth.

"I was told to come see the principal so that I could have my schedule." I said smiling, trying to keep the nervousness in my stomach.

I glanced down at her desk and it was organized with pictures of what looked like her family and plenty of files, books and papers. She had a normal looking workstation considering the clutter. I noticed a name place saying "Mrs. Harrington" Hmm, nice name. Mrs. Harrington glanced at her computer, typing a few things in before looking back at me.

"Piper Davis?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Ah, we have been expecting you. The principal's office is around the corner and last door on the right." She said glancing behind her.

I nodded and gave her my thanks before walking past her desk. With every step I took, the bubbling in my stomach got worse. I had no reason to be nervous, yet I was, and I had no idea why. I walked up to the wooden door with a golden door handle with the same name place I was on Mrs. Harrington's desk, but this time this name read "Principal Lawson" on the side of the door. Taking a deep breath and doing three quick knocks, I open the door. The nervousness was bubbling over in my stomach, and I felt like I was going to puke if I spoke. It felt like time was slowing down walking into the principal's office and before I could even utter a word, I felt a whoosh of air kiss my left cheek, leaving behind a cluck sound next to me. The confusion and realization of what the sound was didn't hit me till I glanced and noticed a knife sticking out of the wall, centimeters from my face.

Did he just throw that at me? "Welcome to Blueview Academy, Miss Davis. Shall we begin our first lesson on knocking first?"