One

Chapter One: L.O.V.E

One more song.

That was all that was left of the small gig and then I could leave. Just another painfully annoying guitar solo from him, and a 2 bar vocal for me. I'm done with this band, I'm done with him. He shouldn't be looking at the fan girls screaming from the crowd. He said he loved me, but love wasn't what it used to be.

L, is for the way you'd lie to me.

Just another painfully annoying guitar solo from him, and a 2 bar vocal for me. He lied when he told me this was our band. He wanted people to hear the love in our music. He said our voices went together perfectly. He lies, everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie.

O, is for the other ones you see.

He's cheated... three times I caught him with another girl, but the other band members caught him the other times. He's always flirting with someone else, even if it's just a compliment, he never says anything sweet to me. I'm your girlfriend not them.

V, is for vindictive to my heart and then you spit it out.

He get angry at me for talking to my brother. Katsuki is in a band with some of his old classmates, and I just happen to have a major crush one their guitar player. Well I've had the crush for a long while now, I'm just scared to mention anything.

E hurts even more but who knows what I keep hoping for.

I guess I've stayed as long as I have because I wanted to make myself love him. I hoped and prayed that I could somehow pull his attention to me. But no matter how much I pleaded to Fate I just can't do it anymore.

"Alright everybody, thank you for coming out and showing us the love." Hiro's voice breaks into my head and pulls me back to earth. He glances at me and points, "Let's give a little more love to the beauty behind the vocals, Emiko!"

I force a smile and raise my fist in the air holding my electric blue guitar tightly, the strap cutting into the left side of my neck. I give him one of my tired smiles, he nods.

"Have a good night everyone!" Hiro walks away from from the mic so I turn turn and walk off back stage. "Emiko, what was going through your head the whole gig? Your vocals were lacking because you couldn't stay focused."

"I thought I was the beauty behind the vocals?" I roll my eyes and continue to walk towards my dressing room.

"That is something I say after every gig, what is going on with you? You've been acting different for the last week." He gives me a confused look, "Its really bringing us down."

I take a breath. "Sorry Hiro, I've just been a little under the weather."

"Well get above the weather so we sound better." He pushes past me when several fans stand in the hall by the dressing rooms, Kai's body guards stand between us and them.

"Hiro!" One girl yells waving in excitement.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some ladies to meet."

"That's it!" I grab his arm forcing him to face me. "I'm done Hiro. We are dating yet you continue to flirt with everything that walks, but you get pissed when I am on the phone with my brother over some silly crush from several years ago."

Hiro raises an eyebrow, "Are you breaking up with me?"

"Yes." I cross my arms, "I'm done with you and this band. Good luck finding a new lead!"

I quickly walk into my dressing room and slam the door before locking it.
——

I sniff as I wait for my brother to pick up, my chest feels like it's going to explode from the pressure just let off it. My head hurts from crying but I'm not even sure why I was crying. I just want to talk to my brother, and maybe find out when I can see him.