Story 1

I felt two arms come down around my waist and a chin resting on my shoulder.

"Whatcha doin'?" John asked.

"Making some breakfast for myself and the great love of my life," I replied, feeling myself start to blush.

He planted a kiss on my cheek from behind and asked me if I'd like some green tea, to which I gladly accepted. John moved around the kitchen, getting demon two cups but unable to find where I'd moved the teabags to. "Above the toaster oven in the cabinet," I told him.

"Right," John said, "thanks."

He came back to the stove, where I was, and out the tea kettle on the stove, turning the back burner on. I already had a couple pancakes made on the plate next to me. I was almost out of batter, but already had enough for only two people.

Again, he kissed my cheek and started rubbing my back. He knew I liked when he did that without me asking. I turned to face him, leaving the pan to itself. I stood on my tippy-toes and kissed his soft lips. I smiled and stopped to look into his gorgeous brown eyes, and he looked into my blue ones. He smiled just the slightest smiled and then leaned down to kiss me again.

His romantic gesture had been interrupted by my marvelous cooking abilities. Something not too uncommon began to smell, the stove. He broke off the kids and reached behind me to turn off my burner.

"I think they're done," he said, smiling that smile.

I blushed and took the plate out the table, along with butter and the syrup. He finished making the tea and then brought the two cups, made just how we like, to the table.

We ate our meal and discussed our plans for the day. I didn't really feel like doing anything and neither did he, so we decided to watch movies all day and have an informal dinner whenever we felt like it.

After we were finished eating, we cleared out plates and went out to the living room couch. We agreed on the first one, a movie called Prisoners. He was sitting on one end of the couch and my head was resting on his lap, the rest of my body extending across the remainder of the couch.

We mostly talked through the whole thing, as we've both seen it before, about anything that came to mind. He was running his fingers through the tips of my hair, smiling down at me. "I love you Katy," John said, in a low voice.

"I love you, too," I replied, smiling.

"Like, a lot. I love you a lot," John reclaimed, this time dead serious. I didn't know how to respond-- he already knew I loved him just as much, so I just stared at his beautiful face, smiling up at him. He smiled back. A real, true smile. Not a small, crooked smile, like the kind of smile that you can't fake no matter how hard you try. The mind when something is so beautiful and interesting that you can't look away, even for a second.

We stayed looking at each other, silently loving each other for a while, I don't really know how long. With him though, it felt like forever.

But the good kind, the kind you want to be stuck in forever.